Chapter 21: Heading To Florida

Paisley:

When I got to Tanner's house on Valentine's Day, I find the one and only Abby Braxton in the kitchen. She was laughing in the kitchen with someone who my guess would be, Tanner.

"I'm going to take a shower," I hear her say and I froze on the first step. What did she say? Did I hear correctly? "Oh, hi," she says out.

I turn to look at her and I smiled back. "Hi," I say back.

"I'm you're new roomie, only my room is down here," she informed me. I nod my head at her.

"Paisley," Tanner let out as if it was such a surprise to see me here.

"Tanner," I responded.

"I heard that's the room you were sleeping in when you were injured," Abby spoke up again like always to be center of attention. I nodded my head. "Don't worry, I made Tanner change the covers," she tells me as if I cared.

"Okay?" I tell her as I take a step to head upstairs. Things are going to get ten times weirder here.

The next day, I hear Tanner and Abby in the kitchen laughing over something. I walk in to get a snack before walking to school. As I entered, I find Abby touching Tanner's hand and something in me clicked. I might not want to be with him, but he still means something to me in a way.

"Paisley," Abby says out with a smile. "It's about time you wake up," she laughed. She looks me over. "Are you still in your pajamas?"

I look down at what I was wearing. How in the hell does a pair of jeans and a white sleeved top look like pajamas? I rolled my eyes and just walked to the refrigerator to take out a yogurt.

"So how long have you been paying to stay here?" Abby questioned me with an evil smug.

"I'm not paying to live here," I informed her and she looks over at Tanner.

"She will be soon, though," We hear out and we turn to the kitchen door to see Mike. My heart falls and I looked away from him. "Don't worry Abby, everyone is going to be treated equally in this house."

"Nice to know," Abby answered cheerfully. I close the fridge and walk past Mike.

"Paisley," he called for me as I was grabbing my bag from the hook by the door.

"Yes?" I answered not looking at him. I didn't dare to.

"We need to talk about my new decision," he started. "If you want to live here you―"

"I got it, I have to pay rent," I cut him off. "I guess my mom's wishes of you being my caretaker didn't work out," escaped my lips as I left.

I don't understand why all the sudden he has to act this way towards me! All of this is because of my money! I can't believe him. I was near to school when all the sudden, I heard a voice I haven't heard in a while.

"Paisley," I heard him say and I turned to see him with his hands in his jean pocket. "Long time, huh?"

"Yeah," I responded. "How have you been? Where have you and Abby been?"

"We just returned from Florida," he informed me. He made his way closer to me and looked me over. "I heard the news about you," Josh tells me.

"Which one, Braxton? There were many rumors about me and why were you in Florida?"

"The rumor of you getting into an accident which made them call an ambulance over to the school," he explained to me. I nod my head. "What happened?"