Chapter 19: Will You Be My Valentine?

2 days later:

Paisley:

It is now February 13th and Samantha is always beyond excited to see what's in her locker this time. The first day it was the note, the second she got heart-shaped candies, the third through the tenth she got more poems, and lastly the eleventh and twelfth she got chocolates. As we arrived at her locker this time around I looked around for Sam just as I usually did at this time. It's too bad that he wasn't the one doing this, she would have liked him even more. As she opened her locker door, rose petals began to pile on the floor. Her smile widened and we could hear people aw out making her cheeks redden up.

"Have fun picking that up," I tell her just to mess with her and her smile fell.

"You're right," she sighed as she begins to pick up the petals and throwing them into the trash bin. The warning bell rang which made her get slightly nervous. I bent down to help her and hurried to class when we were finished.

"Paisley!" I hear just as I was about to enter my classroom. I turn to find Tanner behind me.

"Yeah?" I questioned him at the exact moment my teacher told me to go and take my seat.

"Principle Richardson needs to speak to you," he tells me. I look back over at my teacher and he let me go.

"What is this about?" I questioned him pretty annoyed. "Why does he even want to talk to me?"

"Don't worry about it," Tanner says before taking my hand and began leading me towards the gym.

"What are we― "I get cut off when he pushed me through making me tumble slightly.

The doors behind me shut and I awkwardly just made my way to the stands. I don't know what I'm doing here, but I'll just roll with it so I can leave. The lights turned off all the sudden and a beam of light formed in the middle of a wall and a screen began to come down. Since when did our gym have this feature? A video began to play and I sat back and relaxed. The video was filled with pictures of Tanner and I. Soon, Tanner's voice came up telling me how he feels towards me and all I could do was smile. I got to admit this is adorable, but I don't feel comfortable. I don't like him like that anymore. I hope I don't, anyway. I knew that I had to keep a smile at all times since I don't want to make him feel I didn't respect all his efforts. But, at the same time, I didn't want to give him false hope.

The lights then turned off completely including his voice. I was surrounded in complete darkness. Does this mean I can leave now? Is that all he wanted to show me? As I was going to get up to leave, I hear footsteps around me and I froze. The lights immediately turned back on making me see different color all at once. I squint and I find a group of juniors looking back at me. They begin to move aside to reveal Tanner with a heart shape paper. Oh no.

"Paisley Thompson, will you be my valentines?" He was right in front of me now and I looked around at everyone here. Were they hiding under the bleachers for this? "Paisley," Tanner called me again. He reached out for my hand and gave it a squeeze.

"I-well," I began trying to find a way to get myself out of this situation. "Tanner I-"

"Go on," I hear out and find Abby with her hands on her hips. Woah, I haven't seen her in a while. I look around the room to find everyone still waiting for me to respond. If I say no, I'd embarrass him in front of everyone. I can't do that to him. He doesn't deserve it.

"Tanner I would―"

"Hey! Why aren't any of you in class!" We hear out. Everyone turned around and everyone rushes out through the back doors. "You too!" Tanner's football coach warns us.