Chapter 7: Moving In

Tanner:

"You lied to me!" I exclaimed out to my dad. "How could you lie to me and tell me you haven't seen her?"

"I never told you whether I did or did not see her, so I didn't lie about it," he tells me with a straight face. "And remember who you're talking to!"

"Dad," I growl out. "I don't understand why you're protecting her! She's just a girl."

"She's a girl with feelings!" He shot back as he bangs his fist on his desk. "You don't understand how much she's been through!"

"What do you mean by that?" I questioned him.

He sighs. "It's not my place to say, but Paisley has lost everyone. Her whole family."

"Natalie? Nathan?" I ask out.

"Both gone," he answered me back. "So, she's going to live with us now, I promised her mother."

"Us?! Are you insane!" I bellowed out. "That's going to be awkward!"

"It wouldn't have been awkward if you didn't cheat on her," he says as he takes a glimpse over to the computer. I watch as he begins typing away.

"She was coming to tell me, wasn't she?" He nods his head. "What can I do?"

"I believe its best if you stay away from her when she's staying at the house, okay?"

"You don't possibly think that would do any good," I tell him. "I mean, she is going to be living with us now, how am I supposed to not speak to her?"

"Just do it like you did what you were cheating on her with Tonia, son, you dodged her," dad says looking at me sternly.

"What do you know about me?" I ask him as I finally took my seat. He lays back and smiled.

"I know everything about you, son, more than you can possibly know," he tells me making me get the chills.

"You know about–"

"Everything," he repeated as he cut me off.

I felt my face redden. So he knows what I do at night and who I sneak into my room. Just perfect. I cleared my throat. I look over at the clock, there were about twenty minutes until the last class period was over.

"You can go to class now", he tells me. There is no point of you being here.

I got up and headed to the gym. I didn't bother changing. When I opened the gym doors, I see the girls practicing their spikes. I skim through them and find Paisley laughing with Amy over something. Her moving on with us will be pointless because she's not going to be able to handle me. I'll try my best to stay away from her, but there is no way in hell that it'll be possible.

By the time class was over. I headed back to my dad's office as he was packing his belongings.

"Are you ready?" He asked me.

"Yes, sir," I responded back. He grins over at me and we begin to head toward the faculty parking lot. "So, when is she coming to stay with us, exactly?"

"Today, so don't you dare comment on anything, got it." I nod my head. I got in the backseat so she could sit in the front. When we arrived at her house, my dad got out of the car and knocked on the door. She could have at least prepared herself.

*

Paisley:

"You wanted to break up with me! I shouted out. Well, you didn't you son of a bitch!" I say out as I threw a picture of him and me across the room. I sigh out just as the doorbell rung. I ran downstairs knowing it was Mr. Richardson. I opened the door to let him in.