Chapter 18: Sams' Dilemma

Tanner:

It's been months, six to be more precise, that things have been odd in the house. Ever since the whole money situation, nothing has been the same. At dinner time, we're quiet, when we walk past one another we keep our distance, and when we try to make small talk, it's awkward. Nothing is the way it used to be. I blame Paisley completely, but what's the point of putting the blame on one person when it was actually all our faults. Firstly, me, it was my fault by pushing Paisley on taking the money for herself and because I told my dad afterwards where we did go, secondly, Paisley, she shouldn't have reacted the way she did when my dad asked her about the money, lastly, my dad, he shouldn't have been rough with her and yell at her just because she didn't want to give him her money. This New Year sucks.

It is currently February, which means its time to get romantic. Me being me, I never give up on what I want, and when I want something, I will get it. In this case, I want Paisley. I'm done with all this quietness around the house! I want to have fun this year and by me being with Paisley it will be just that. I don't care if she rejects me again, I will continue my mission! I need to find a romantic way to ask her. Maybe I should do it in public so she can't reject me.

"Yeah! That will work," I tell myself happily. I just need to get an idea of a way to ask her, and the only way I can get a good idea is by asking girls. I rush off to a place where I know girls like to go to, the cafeteria.

*

Paisley:

"I hate this holiday!" I say as I run my fingers through my hair. "There is no real point on having this!" I tell my friends.

"Oh come on, it is the time when people admire their feelings towards one another," Amy gushed. "It's adorable!"

"What is?" Josh questioned as he wraps his arms around Amy's waist.

She giggled out before saying, "you".

I rolled my eyes at the cheesiness. Samantha just laughed and nudged me softly. Amy and Josh were beginning to gush over one another so much that Samantha and I decided to give them some space. So, instead, we headed to Samantha's locker.

"So, how have you been?" I asked her and she just shrugged. "Is something wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"I just really hate this month too," she admitted and I sighed.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one," I laughed, but she stayed silent. "Wait a minute, what about Sam?" I questioned her. "I thought you and him­―"

"No, we stopped talking for like a month," she explained out. "Which really sucks because I actually thought he like me," she sighs. "I give up," she let out as she opened her locker and a card falls out. She lowered down to pick it up and opened it up as she stood up. I watched as a smile began to form. I began to look around for the possible culprit and I found him. "Do you think it's from Sam?" She asked me.

I smiled over at him and he quickly looked away. "Maybe," I responded with a shrug. She squealed out as she took out her books and closing her locker. She let out a cute sigh before setting her back to her locker. Maybe she needs a moment to herself.

"I'm going to go," I tell her and she just nods her head as she opened the note again.

I laughed as I walked off. She's too cute. So much for hating this month. As I was heading to the cafeteria, I found Tanner with a group of beautiful girls. They were all laughing. Tanner had a piece of paper with him and was writing something down. Probably his number. Good for him. At least now I don't have to worry about him this Valentine's Day. I walked past them and smiled at the thought of being single.