Chapter 24: Malibu

Chapter 24: Malibu

Spring Break:

"Okay call me when you safely get to California," Miranda tells us cheerfully.

"We will mom," Scott responded. We wave goodbye and got into the Uber that would take us to the airport.

"This is going to be so much fun! I can't believe mom actually let us go to Aunt Ami's for the break!" Sasha squealed out.

"This is what happens when we obey," Scott pointed out making Sasha roll her eyes.

"Pa-lease," she started. "You were the most disobedient one!"

Scott crossed his arms and look over at me. "Paisley, are we okay?" He questioned me.

"Of course we are," I responded him cheerfully. "Why would something be wrong with the both of us?"

"I don't know, I just feel like you've been ignoring me around the house?" He tells me and I begin to think. I don't think I have, just the only thing I can think of is when I saw him around the house I would smile at him before doing what I had to do. Same with school.

"No, we're good, I tell him.

"The two of you better be because you will not ruin my vacation," Sasha added.

"We won't see," I say cuddling close to her brother and setting my head on his shoulder. "We are perfectly fine," I say after feeling something in me rush as I held him.

"Yeah," Scott says as he set his arm around the back of my neck. "Everything will be perfect," he tells her. I look into his blue eyes as he said that and he looked into mine. I quickly looked away and fixed myself in the seat. My heart was racing in my chest. This is bad. I cannot be having feelings for my best friend's twin!

*

"You sure did remodel the house, aunt Ami," Sasha expressed out as she scans through the house.

"You know your uncle," she laughs. "He always wants to get me the best."

"You can say that again! You have so many cars!" Scott pointed out.

I look her over and everything about her brought me back to Miranda and Erin.

"We haven't been introduced yet," Ami smiled at me. "My name is Ami Stevens, I'm these kids favorite aunt," she tells me flattered making me smile. "Welcome to the family," she smiled out.

"Thank you, and in case you don't know who I am, my name is―"

"Paisley Thompson," she cut me off. "Yes, I've talked to my sisters and I know everything," she admitted. I nodded my head. "Well, I hope you enjoy your time here and in Florida."

"Trust me, she will," Sasha spoke out. "Now, come on! Let's go upstairs and sleep I'm exhausted," she blurts out as she begins to pull me up the stairs.

"What if she doesn't want to?" Scott pries out making Sasha and I stop. Sasha looks over at me and questions me if I was tired or not, and I admitted that I wasn't. "Told you," he says with his arms crossed.

"Why don't you and Scott go to the store for me then? He can show you some sightseeing on the way there," Ami added.

"Sure, that seems nice," I admitted. "I'll see you later, Sasha," I tell her as I head downstairs again. From the corner of my eyes, I saw a German shepherd lying in bed and further down was a bunch of toys scattered around.

"She has kids," Scott informed me. "Two of them, so if you hear laughter during the night don't panic," he added making me playfully nudge him. "Come on," he tells me and I follow him out the front door and into the driveway to get into a Mercedes-Benz.