Chapter 15: More Pain

During our time out with our friends, I came to realize that Samantha and Sam were getting more talkative with one another. I'm glad. Meanwhile, Amy and Josh, on the other hand, couldn't help but laugh out when they are together. They are the silly couple in this whole group. They play around and do hilarious things with each other. Tanner and I, well, we're not even talking. I don't even want to make any small talk with him. This is strange for me, it used to be me being in a relationship with Tanner while everyone was single, but now, oh how the tables have turned.

I sigh out.

"Are you okay?" Tanner questioned me and I turn to him and nodded my head. "Are we okay?"

"Are you kidding me?" I scoffed. "We will never be okay, Tanner," I said out softly in enough so he could hear.

"Because of the whole Tonia thing? Okay, yeah I cheated on you a whole week, but cant you get over it?" He said out loud. I stopped walking making everyone do the same.

"I will get over it when I want to get over it! I can't believe how naïve I was to believe that you would change! Once a cheater always a cheater!" I let out roughly. I look away from him and kept walking.

"Once a child always a child, huh Paisley," I hear Tanner let out and I froze. "You always hold a grudge on the dumbest things!"

"You know what's was dumb?! Our relationship! It was a waste of time and energy! I'm glad we are over!" I exclaim out. I begin to walk off and I hear footsteps behind me. I expected it to be Amy and Samantha, but when I got turned around I knew I was wrong.

"Enough with this!" Tanner said out before slamming his lips unto mine and I froze. I don't know how to react when he does this to me! Am I supposed to push him away? Or should I enjoy it because deep down I know I still feel something for him? Hell I know I do. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. What am I doing?! I quickly backed away and wiped my lips.

"No, we aren't doing this again," I say shaking my head.

"Why not! We belong together," he said out frustrated. "What don't you understand? I am still in love with you!" I look away from him and look over at my friends watching us.

"It's not right, sure it might feel right, right now, but it won't in the future. We aren't good for one another."

"Then let's cherish how we feel right now, and not think about the future," he tells me as he takes my hands and gave it a light squeeze. He brought his forehead to me and my heart fell. I want to, but I don't want to. I don't want to get hurt again. I know I shouldn't.

"Let's talk about this later," I suggested. "Can we just go home?" I ask out. They nodded their heads. We've been out here for about an hour and a half. Either way, Mike wanted us home by 4:00. As we were heading back to Amy's car, I felt my phone begin to vibrate in my purse, so I take it out and answered without a single thought.

"Hello?" I say out and I look up to find everyone stops in their tracks.

"Hi, is this Paisley Thompson?" The woman from the phone asked me.

"Yes, this is her," I responded maturely.

"We have news about your mother, we have found her body," she tells me and I felt chills run through me. I cover my mouth before I let the sob come out.

"Are you serious?" I say softly. I always did wonder what happened to her. I always wondered what happened to her body, but I know now that it was missing this entire time, all until now.