Chapter 3: The Problems Continue

By the end of the day, I felt lonely and tired. Once I got home, I could hear my mom singing along with some Michael Jackson songs in the kitchen.

"I'm home!" I shout out. She lowers down the music and comes out to see me.

"How was your first day, sweetie? How are your classes? What about your friends? Oh and Tanner!"

"Don't even mention his name," I growl out.

"What happened? What did he do?"

"What doesn't he do?" I sigh out. "He's always caught up with other girls."

"Did he cheat on you?" She says out surprised. Oh, yeah, I have told her about the whole Abby debacle.

"He says he didn't, but I don't know if I should believe him or not. It's complicated."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No", I answer her quickly. "I actually just want to go to bed, I'm tired."

"Aren't you going to eat?" She asks me sadly. "You can invite Sasha, Amy, and Samantha."

"Sasha is gone, remember," I remind her softly. I give her a kiss before heading up.

"I'll take that as a no then?" I hear her let out softly.

I didn't  respond. I was too exhausted. I was walking down my hallway and just as I was passing through my mom's room, the missing tile caught my attention. I retreated and opened her bedroom door wider. The missing tile was almost under the bed. What happened? I was about to take a step in when all the sudden I get pulled back. I turn around and find my mom with her eyes widened.

"Mom?" I questioned her.

"I-I need to fix it," she stammered. "Just go to your room."

I raise my eyebrow at her and nodded my head. I take one last peak by looking over her shoulder to see a wooden box on top of her bed. I back away and began heading to my room. That was strange! I take a look from my room to find her locking her door before she headed back downstairs. What is she hiding? As I was finally getting settled in bed to take a quick nap, I hear the doorbell.

"You got to be kidding me!" I say out annoyed. I groan out as I jump out of bed. I head downstairs to find my mom speaking to someone.

"I'm sure, she's asleep, Tanner." The fury in me grew.

"I'm awake, now," I let out. My mom turns around and opens the door wider. Tanner entered and I came down the last step. "What do you need?" I ask as I crossed my arms over my chest. Mom signals to me that she'll be in the kitchen before she scurried away.

"I wanted to explain... Tonia means nothing means to me, we are just simply just hanging out, now."

"I wonder why," I scoff out. "Is she giving some pleasure or something because you don't just tell friends you're going to 'hang out' with, babe." I turn my head to the kitchen to find my mom peaking at us. I laugh out softly and shook my head. "Look," I say looking back at Tanner. "I have nothing to say to you. You should just leave, I'm done hearing all your crap." I begin by pushing him out and I was about to close the door he stopped it with his foot.

"Are you breaking up with me after all? Because just earlier today you told me you weren't."

"I need time," I tell him as I look away from him. He removes his foot and I closed it. I sigh and lay my back on the door.

"Um, do you want to eat now?" Mom asked out as a joke. I smiled and nodded my head. I walked into the kitchen and took my seat.

*