Chapter 22: Living With The Mars

"Hello?" Sasha responded. My spirits felt lifted just by hearing her voice. "Paisley?"

"Yeah," I answered out. "Hi, how have you been?" I asked her casually.

"I've been great, what about you?" She questioned me.

"Oh, I've been okay," I admitted. "Nothing is as it used to be back home...I needed to leave." I tell her getting straight to the point.

"Leave? Leave where? Texas?" She asked out shocked.

"Paisley! I'm here!" Josh shouts out making people look over at me. All he brought with him was a carry-on bag just like I did; meanwhile, the rest of my belongings are already making their way to the plane that should be boarding soon. "What number ticket did you get?" He asks me.

"Ticket? Paisley Thompson, where are you going?!" She asked me.

"Gate C35, trip to Orlando Florida is about to close," someone from the microphone spoke out.

"That's us, come on," Josh tells me as he begins to pull me away.

"Orlando Florida?! Oh my gosh!" Sasha let out.

"Can you pick me up?" I asked cheerfully.

"Of course, I'll check what time you come in," she sighs.

"Thank you!"

"Yeah, yeah," she laughed. "Don't think this conversation is over missy," she tells me before hanging up.

I place the phone in my pocket just as I handed my ticket to the lady and walked behind Josh to find my seat. We didn't get to sit next to each other and I was totally fine with it since I didn't want to talk about the whole situation of leaving in the first place. The seat I got wasn't that bad, the major problem was that I had the middle seat which meant whenever the two guys on both sides of me dosed off, they would set their head on my shoulders. As flattered as I am, I don't feel comfortable. Every time it happened, I would shake my shoulder and they would move their head to the opposite side. The things I deal with to leave Texas. In my head, I begin to process my decision. Why in the heck am I coming to Florida when my dad left me a place to stay? I guess in a way I'm not ready to live on my own, hell I know I'm not. Another reason would be because I needed to get far away from everyone as I possibly can, and since Josh had a place for me to stay I gladly took the offer, until I remembered about Sasha. I'm not counting on her to let me stay with her, but I'll for sure be glad to see her as much as I can. She is my best friend after all.

Once we landed, Josh was trying to get any possible information from me to why I left, and like I have been doing this entire trip, I told him nothing. As we picked up our luggage, I get a call from Sasha telling me what terminal she is located.

"Are you sure she'll agree on taking me?" Josh questioned me as we went through the revolving doors to leave the airport.

"She'll be fine with it," I laughed. I hear a honk and I turn my head to find her in Scott's jeep. I wonder if he knows. We made our way to her and she smiles widely at me before looking over at Josh making her smile fall.

"What is he doing with you?" Sasha asks roughly. "Last time I checked you two hated each other," she pointed out and I look over at Josh who just shrugged. "Is this why you haven't been to school?"

"Yeah," he answered. "And we've made sure to leave everything in the past," he added along.

"So, can he come along?" I ask her and she squints her eyes at him. Yup, same old Sasha.

"I guess", she shrugged. "Hurry up, Scott doesn't know I have his car," she tells us nervously. I laugh out as I put my things in the trunk and climb into the front while Josh got into the back. "Okay, so I know we have a bunch of things to discuss, and I know you all too well to know you won't tell me because he's here," she yapped out. "So once we get to my place, you will tell me everything!"