Chapter 29: Abby's Back

The day was over and I hurry back home to check on Scott. I rush upstairs to find him reading a book.

"Scott," I say relieved. I jumped into his bed and kissed him and hugged him tightly to me.

"Careful," he laughed. "I don't want you getting sick", he says as he caressed my hair. "How was school? Did Tanner do anything?"

"No," I say shaking my head and moved away from him. I took a seat next to him and looked him over. "I don't want to talk about me, I want to talk about you. How are you?'' I questioned him.

"Better," he smiled happily. "I guess it was a morning thing since the fever broke, but I still have a little cough and a running nose." I smiled and held his hand. "Now, back to you."

"Do you want the truth or the lie?" I play around just to buy myself time to choose rather or not to ask about his biggest secret.

"The truth, babe," he laughed out before coughing onto the top of his shoulder.

"Tanner messed with my head," I let out. "He told me something about you that has made me feel like I don't know everything," I let out unexpectedly. Everything went quiet. "Sorry, um what I meant to say is that everything was great, just Tanner messing with me," I say trying to redeem myself.

"What did he say?" Scott says eyeing me carefully. "Come on, tell me."

"He told me that you are keeping a big secret from me, but I understand if you don't want to tell me," I mentioned out so he doesn't feel pressured. I hope he does because just like Tanner said if he doesn't then it means that he doesn't trust me enough.

"Ah, yes, well this has been running around in my head for a long time. I didn't know how to bring it up," he shrugged. I look at him carefully. "I don't want you thinking of me any differently, alright? What I did was stupid and it was when I was in my worst time."

"I understand," I admitted.

"Paisley, after switching schools because I couldn't stand the fact that Abby chose Tanner...I tried to kill myself." My heart dropped. "I know", he sighs. "Its stupid, but I was in love and seeing her with him stopped my heart, in which I figured why not actually stop it."

"Scott," I say with tears forming in my eyes. "You are too good for somebody like her," I say scooting in closer to him. "I want you to know that nothing has changed. My feelings for you haven't changed." I leaned in and kissed him softly on his lips. "At least you don't love her anymore,'' I whispered out and he smiled. "Okay," I say backing away. "I'll go and bring you a snack and a drink, alright?''

"Alright," he answered. I was heading to his doorway, and turned around to see him looking down at the hand I was holding the whole time.

"Scott, thank you for confiding in me," I tell him and he gave me a weak smile. I turn around and walked away.

*

Scott:

Why am I thinking about this at three o'clock in the morning? Oh yeah, it's because I should have told her, I think to myself. I should have told her that to me, my feelings for Abby will never fade. I love Abby, but I also love Paisley. Sure, Abby and I have never had anything special, and Paisley and I have, yet my feelings for Abby Braxton haven't left my heart. I know that if I ever see her, I would run to her and beg her to be mine. She is like a goddess. She's my goddess.

In the morning, I found a sick Paisley in bed. Something about seeing her makes me feel guilty for thinking about Abby rather than feel guilty for making her sick. I need to control myself and focus on my girlfriend.