Chapter 12: Trip To The Hospital

Tanner:

She wasn't moving and her eyes were closed. The hand I was holding then slipped away and I knew.

"No!" I cry out. "Where the fuck is the ambulance!" I shout out scared that Paisley is slipping away from us. "Paisley!" I call out, but nothing. I hear sirens and they get as close to Paisley as possible. They brought out a stretcher and placed it next to her. They begin checking her.

"Low pulse! We have to leave now!" One of the three paramedics said out. They move her on the stretcher and put her into the ambulance. I watch as they sped away. I sat on the street frozen in my spot. My eyes were on the pool of blood that was in the middle of the street where she laid. She can't die! If she dies then I will always be blaming myself for her murder. I was the reason she was taken away. This is all because of me.

"Tanner," dad says after shaking me and bringing me back to reality. "We have to go now! We have to go to the hospital," he reminded me. I nod and got up. We rush back to the car and rush after the ambulance. "S-she'll be okay," dad stuttered out.

"Yeah," I agreed out. "It's Paisley," I cry out. I wipe my tears away from my face as I let a sob come out. This is my fault. It'll always be my fault.

*

We entered the emergency room and asked about Paisley who should have gotten here a while ago. Dad had to stop the car to the side of the road because his vision was getting blurry from the tears. He cares about her too much.

"She's in surgery, that's all I can say until the doctor can come out and talk to you," the young reception informed us. Dad and I took our seats and just waited.

It was about an hour later after finishing filling out the hospital paperwork, that the doctor came out and called for us. We stood up and hurried to him.

"What's the news?" Dad questioned him.

"Well, there is both good and bad news," he started.

"Okay, just tells us," I let out.

"Paisley is in critical condition," he told us. "We were able to remove both bullets, the one on her chest and the other on her side of the back," he says as he pointed out where on his. "The bullet on the chest was inches away from her heart, but luckily, it missed."

"Thank god," dad let out.

"The one on her side, well, the bullet managed to break one of her ribs."

"But she's okay?" Dad asked him.

"For now," the doctor told us. He got quiet and I thought it was just that until he spoke out again. "I have to tell you something else," he said out surprisingly. "We were having problems removing the bullets." I felt my heart race. "It was because of how close they are to important organs and bones. We had to bring her back twice," he exhaled out

"Alright, doctor, so when can we see her?" I ask him.

"She can't have visitors right now since she's being watched over." I nod my head understanding. "The both of you should go home and get some sleep, she'll be up by morning." I thanked him and he nods his head at us as a response before leaving.

"She's okay," I smiled over at dad.

"She's not okay, Tanner, she's in critical condition," he reminds me. He heads back to the seat and places his head in his hands. I know he's exhausted.

"Dad, we should go home and rest, it's what Paisley would want," I inform him. He nods his head and stood up.

The drive home was in complete silence. When we got in, I made sure not to look in her room, since I'd just feel even worse than what I already do. As get in bed, I begin to think of her friends, they would hate me if I didn't tell them what happened. Well, maybe I shouldn't since they don't know anything. I put my phone down and closed my eyes to sleep. I guess I was pretty tired too.