Chapter 16: New Adventure

When I woke up, I found everyone around me.

"Paisley," they say in unison. I look over at my arm and find it with a cast. I try to sit up, but they suggested for me to stay put.

"Why did you leave without us?" Josh asks me angrily.

"Because I had to," I admitted out.

"What have you been hiding from us?" Sam asked next. I looked over at Mike to make sure it was okay to say and he nods his head.

"Well, Ricky and his uncle Jesse were after me because Ricky wanted me all to himself," I lie. "Ricky kidnapped me and when I didn't obey his wishes he went after me," I added. Everyone's eyes were on me. In a way, I'm glad Sasha isn't here because she'd know that I'd been lying.

"I can't believe you kept this to yourself!" Amy says angrily. "You should have confided in us!"

"No, I couldn't," I say out frustrated. "I couldn't tell anyone because if I did then you'd be dead," I say softly. They got quiet. "I would rather go through everything on my own than to put the people I care about in danger."

They smiled over at me. I cant lose them too, they are my family now, and I will do anything to protect them. As I began to process everything in my mind, yes, I know Jesse is dead, but what about Ricky?

"Ricky," I let out and Mike and Tanner come to my side.

"They caught him," Mike explained to me. "You have nothing to worry about anymore." I nod my head and relaxed.

"Where's your mom, Paisley?" Samantha asked me out of the blue. "Shouldn't she be here? Did no one tell her?"

I felt my heart fall. I need to say another lie. "Sh-She's out of town," I lied. "She doesn't know when she's coming back, so Mike and Tanner are taking care of me," I added. I looked away from everyone and concentrated on my cast. This thing is beyond itchy.

"Alright, Paisley, for now, you can go home until you come back for a checkup," the doctor tells me and I thanked him. With that, I get out of bed and sighed out.

"Okay, well let's go home," I tell them.

*

By the time the party came to an end, I knew I had to tell Mike about tomorrow.

"So," I started out. "Thank you for today, it was fun-ish," I laughed. "Anyways, I just wanted to tell you that I got a call today concerning about my mom."

"What happened?' Mike questioned me.

"They found her body, "I say looking away from him. "I have to go and confirm that it's her tomorrow."

"Paisley, now that someone has found her, the cops are going to come and question you and―"

"I'll tell them everything," I let out. What's the point of hiding this, if it's the truth?

"Do you want me to come with you to the morgue?" I nod my head. I know that I won't be able to go on my own. I need someone there with me. "In that case, I think we should all get rest," Mike added.

So, we did. After I took my shower, there was no way that I felt like sleeping. For one, the cast was uncomfortable, and secondly, how can I sleep knowing that tomorrow I would be seeing my lifeless mother's body? Just thinking about it was breaking my heart. She didn't deserve this, no one in my family did.

*

When we arrived, there was a woman at the front.

"How can I help you?" She questioned me with a small smile.