Chapter 27: All Tanner's Doing

Scott:

As I made one last circle around the park, I begin to think that she's not here after all. I take my phone out to call Sasha, but she beat me to it.

"Hey, is she home?" I questioned her before she could speak.

"No, she said that you got what you wanted." I could hear her sadness, but I don't have any clue on what she's talking about.

"I'm heading home now," I tell her as I made a run for it back home. Where can she be? As I entered my house, Sasha was waiting for me with her arms crossed. What happened now?

"I think I know where she is," she tells me and my heart began to race. I watched as she took in a deep breath before letting it out. The words that I hoped she wouldn't say. "She's back in Texas."

"Why would she go back there? Everything was fine!" I shot out frustrated.

"What did she mean by you getting what you wanted?" She asked me again.

"I don't know," I answered her as I shook my head. "I have no idea." I run my hands through my hair and gave out a groan.

"Unless" Sasha started again. "Unless someone put that in her head, just think about it... who came to California to spy on her?"

"Tanner."

"Exactly, and now all the sudden, when things were finally looking up for her, who do you think, will put something in her head that might ruin everything."

"Tanner! That son of a b–"

"We have to go after her!" Sasha cut me off.

"We can't let mom and dad know," I warned her. She nodded her head. They are at a banquet anyways, so there is no way for them to find out until the next day. "Come on," I tell her as I reached for my car keys and we hurried out of the house.

*

"You ready?" I questioned her as we begin to walk up to the Richardson's house.

"Anything to bring her back," she whispered softly. My heart was racing in my chest as I rang the doorbell.

"I got it!" I hear her shout out from the inside. The door swung open and her beautiful brown eyes connected to mine.

"Paisley," Sasha said out excitedly. She rushed to her and hugged her tightly. "We thought the worse when you didn't come home."

Paisley's eyes never looked away from mine, maybe she wants me to hug her too. I take a step and she takes a step back. What did he say to her to make her think wrongly of me?

"Can we talk?" I questioned her and she quickly shook her head. "Please, Paisley,'' I begged.

"Paisley, who's at the door?" We hear out and Tanner smiled out when he saw me. "Look who we have here," he laughed.

"Why are you here?" I questioned her. "I don't understand what would make you return to this house after telling me what he did!" I raged on not understanding anything.

"It was about time she returned anyways, this is her home after all," Tanner spoke out again. I curled my hands into a fist. "Oh, is someone pissed off that his girl came running back to me?"

"Tanner," I hear her say angrily.

"I'm taking her back with me!" I shouted making Sasha shake.

"What's going on here!" We hear Mr. Richardson say out. Once he looked over at Sasha and me, he rolled his eyes. So professional, I think to myself. "What do you want?"