Chapter 2: Rough Day

Paisley:

I was walking down the hallway with my head held high. I knew what was coming. I am currently heading down the junior territory, aka, my territory. All eyes were on me. This means one thing and one thing only! That slut just released the photos. Once I looked over closer to the students who were leaning by the lockers, I could see them with their phones out and scrolling. Their eyes soon met with mine and stared. This. Is. A. Nightmare! This is sophomore year all over again.

As I entered my classroom I find people constantly looking over at me. Why can't there just be a year when stuff like this won't happen?

"Hi," I hear next to me. I turn and find a girl smiling. She seems perky. What's her deal?

"Hi," I respond but flashed her a small smile.

She stays quiet. I look her over, blonde hair, brown eyes, she looks about 5'2, and really pretty. I begin to notice her drumming her fingers on the side of her ripped up jeans.

"You okay?" I ask out with a laugh.

Her smile fell, but she clears her throat and it quickly returned. "Do you seriously not know who I am?" She questioned me before flipping her hair back. I felt a bit guilty since I had no clue who the hell she is. Is she someone important? Is she relevant to anything going on right now? I shake my head. "Ugh!" She groans out. "I'm Tonia."

"And?" I ask out softly with a shrug. "Did I have to help with something?"

Her smile stayed intact. "I'm. The. Tonia." She said to me between pauses. "Also known as the girl your boyfriend is cheating on you with," she announced proudly. She let that slip out of her tongue so fast as if it would fall out of her mouth unless she told me. Poor, girl.

I begin to snicker at first, but the laugh then escaped. "Tanner? Tanner Richardson isn't cheating on me," I tell her. "You must have the wrong guy," I played around. I can't let her know that I knew about her plan. Not yet at least.

"Are you sure about that?" She asks me as she takes out her phone from her back pocket. She begins tapping away with her fake nails. I wait. She's trying to "hint, hint" that she has evidence to back her up.

"I am," I finally answered after she took a while. "But by all means, show me the fake pictures you have," I tell her. Her eyes look up from her iPhone, scared all the sudden. Her smile was gone and for good. She shook it off and handed me her phone. That's brave of her, I can easily break this phone with one stomp. But I won't because I am mature. I begin scrolling through her pictures to find Tanner and her kissing. My heart dropped, but I kept reminding myself that this meant nothing. Absolutely, nothing. I hand her back her phone and give her a shrug. "So?"

"So?" She asked out repeating me. She was not expecting my reaction to be like this. "It means Tanner and I are an item!" She blurts out. I look around and find everyone watching. I look over to the door to find our teacher standing there quietly. I'm surprised he isn't going to interfere like any other teacher would. "You are getting replaced!" She bellowed out as she got in my face.

I push her away from me. She crossed the line. I knew better than to do what I am about to do, but there was no way I could keep it in. So much for being mature, I tell myself mentally.

"Look, Tonia, I know you two aren't a thing because he told me." I stood up from my seat. "Yeah, he told me how you approached him during class." She takes a step back. "Stop causing problems where they are not needed! You are literally embarrassing yourself!" I tell her. "By you doing all this," I signal to everyone watching. "You are just showing them how much of a slut you are for trying to break up a well-built relationship, just for your own pitiful pleasure!" I shout out. "You need to stay away Tanner or else you'll have to go through me physically," I let out. I take in a deep breath and took my seat. God that felt great! Currently, I could careless of my classmates staring at me. Frankly, I'm proud of myself, and this comes to show to all of them that I'm not someone to mess with.