Ch. 27

THIS ORIGINALLY WASN'T GOING TO BE AN UPDATE, BUT I DECIDED TO BE NICE! THANK YOU FOR 1K READS!! KEEP COMMENTING PLEASE

Anyways,

Tobias POV:

I quickly follow after Tris. She's really fast, like really fast. It took us all a moment to figure out what was happening!

I forgot what room it was. This helps so much. I feel footsteps behind me, but it's probably other nurses, and I keep walking.

That's when the footsteps quicken and an arm is thrown around my shoulder. My eyes dart to my side, and I relax when I see Zeke. Of course.

"Dude you completely missed her room." He chuckles a bit. I turn around and start walking again. "It's that room." He says, pointing to the room. I nod and walk to the door.

I hear muffled sobs. "Tris?" I mumble to myself. I knock twice and open the door. The sight I see breaks my heart. Tris is on her knees, bawling her eyes out.

"Tris? Tris, are you okay," I rush in and kneel down next to her. I wrap an arm around around her small, fragile frame. Her breath hitches.

"F..Four. We..we" She pauses, trying to calm her self. I just hold her tighter, and rub her back. "We're next!" She finally gets the words out.

I'm so confused right now. "Tris...what do you mean we are next?" I raise an eyebrow, and turn her chin so she is looking at me.

"The people, they- they want to-to hurt us next." My face is filled with shock. "Lynn heard them." My heart drops again.

She leans to my ear, and whispers, "Tobias, I'm...I'm scared." And my heart shatters. She's never scared, always brave. My tough cookie, is breaking. She's at her breaking point.

I press my lips to hers, and hold her hands. After a few seconds, I release. "Tris, nothing is going to happen, I'll save you." She shakes her head, over and over again.

"They-they are coming. I'm scared to lose you. I... I can't do it!" She yells, still sobbing. She buries her face into my shirt. Lynn snorts.

"Ew...love." I look at her as if I was saying 'really?' She laughs and looks behind me. I forgot Zeke was still there.

I'm surprised he hasn't said anything. But at the same time, I'm not.

I'm not because nobody really knows what to say right now.