Ch. 10

Tris Pov:

I hug Tobias one last time before being dragged out of MY apartment by Marlene. "Bye Trissy!" Tobias yells from the doorway. I roll my eyes and look at Mar. "Why the rush?" I see worry in her eyes. "What's wrong? You are worried. Is it Uriah?" She shakes her head. "Why would Uri be bothering me. I mean he always bugs me but no it's not about him."

"We need to wear layers!" she whisper yells to me. I give her a confused look. "Go on." I decide to add, "Why are you so worried?" She gulps, looks at me, and we stop dead in our tracks. Marlene leans in and whispers, "I overheard a few initiates talking-" I pull my head away. "Talking? About what." Mar's lip wobbles. "The initiates were making a plan to uh." I nod my head as if I was saying for her to go on. "Do something to you, Christina, and me."

I gasp. "No they can't do that. They don't know-" Marlene hushes me. "It will be okay Tris. Like usual, if they get dared to kiss you, it will be like when Uriah had to kiss you." I laugh. "And we kinda told the three boys that you have a mean and scary boyfriend, and that Four has a girlfriend. We didn't tell them that you two are dating." My sixth fear is intimacy. I lost my fear of weakness after I beat Peter and Molly in the rankings.

Marlene hugs me. "Everything will be okay Tris. We know that ALL of us will beat them up." I pull out of the comforting hug and smile. "Thanks Mar." We start walking again and I am so glad I have my friends. Uriah, Zeke, and Mar are basically my siblings. I laugh at the thought.

We enter Marlene and Uri's apartment , and I see Christina and Shauna sitting on the couch. Shauna smiles, "I got us clothes that we are going to layer in, but it won't look like we have layers on." She laughs, "If that makes sense." All of us laugh at her. She hands me three shirts, two pairs of pants, and a sweatshirt. I grab my pair of boots and head into the bathroom.

I come out of the bathroom, about 6 minutes later. Christina, Shauna, and Mar already put there clothes on. I put my air into a messy bun and put lip gloss on. I am very happy that they are helping me, but I have a question. "Do you know who said that stuff?" Christina frowns. "No I don't sorry." I force a smile. "Oh it's fine." I look around the apartment. "Wheres Shauna?"

Marlene giggles. "She had something to do so I let her leave." I laugh. "That's all I've ever had to do to get rid of you two!" Mar rolls her eyes. "Pleeease, you're never gonna get rid of us." Now I'm the one rolling my eyes. "Ugh. Tell me about it." We are getting ready to leave and start walking to the Pit. When we enter, we get a few stares from the initiates, and a happy Tori joining us. "Hiya guys!" I smile. "Hi Tori. Did you wear any layers?" I say with a wink. She laughs. "Of course! Can't trust these little dweebs." She throws an arm around my shoulder and we walk through the Pit.

(A/N)

Hey guys! Still grounded because that stuuuuupid teacher ISN'T ANSWERING ME!!!! We had an egg drop and I won so I guess I'm happy about that. I hope you all had a good Christmas.

And some drama is going to happen in the next chapter or two or three. I have it written out but it takes fourever to type on this computer. Well have a good day (or night) and vote.

-Laila