Chapter 26

The young Uzumaki's heart lifted with happiness when he saw his boyfriend, Kakashi looking at him lovingly, his mask was off, which gave Naruto a good look at his face which had tears of happiness rolling down his face.
Kakashi nuzzled his face into Naruto neck, making the later smile. There was still the pipe in his mouth so he was sure not to make any sudden movements. Kakashi slowly got up and pushed the button next to the bed.
Soon nurses and doctors rushed into the room, one of them called someone to inform tsunade-sama that the blonde boy was finally awake. The others bustle around Naruto, checking his pulse his heart rate and his temperature. Naruto's eye twitched, 'Get this pipe outta my mouth first!' His annoyance only rose when he realized that if he spoke he will get a coughing fit.

Meanwhile, Kakashi was also being ushered out of the room, "Sir, please exit the room while we check up on our patient! I assure you that no harm will come to him while we I'm here-" the head doctor said, Kakashi gave nod and took a look at his love before chuckling at the look of annoyance on his face, "Yes, I'll be heading out, but you might want to remove the pipe out of Naruto's mouth, he can't speak if it's there." Kakashi said.
The doctor looked at his patient before he gave an amused nod and closed the door.

Kakashi couldn't help the idiotic grin that came to his face. It seems that Naruto didn't change much. Then he grew solemn. "It will take a lot of time to get used to this, Naruto......Maybe you will not be as innocent as before but I swear I will NOT leave your side this time, I've already missed so much time....You don't know how much I've missed you..." A sad look once again came into his eyes as he remembered how his life was when Naruto was in the cell. when he went to get drunk. It made him forget how much be is hurt.
He stopped cutting his arms when he started to drink. Shaking himself out of his memories, Kakashi made his way out.

Kakashi strolled down the road with hands in his pockets. His uncovered gazed around the bustling village.
Women were happy talking with each other, some people were kissing their partners here and there. Some couples were happily discussing something. Others were buying presents and the children was excited and running around energetic. Then he heard someone mention something about decorating a place for a festival. Kakashi at first dismissed this but that word was mentioned more and more.
Realization hit him as he skidded to a stop, nearly colliding with a raven haired boy. if it wasn't for Kakashi's ANBU skills they both would be on their buttocks right now. The Hatake had just side stepped in the last minute. Thus he was still on his feet, however the boy wasn't as lucky as the silver haired man. The raven boy fell onto his knees.

"Takeda, come on! We've to get our masks for the kyuubi festival!" The other boy shouted excitedly at his friend.
"Un, I'm gonna get the cat mask this time!" The raven haired boy, now known as Takeda, scrambled on to his feet as he too ran after his friend who made a pouting face. "Yeah, I want the fox one, but mama said that the person who wears the fox mask gets bad luck!" He exclaimed throwing his hands into the air.

Kakashi was left to ponder on his thoughts as the two boys vanished into the crowd. The Jonin shook his head out of his thoughts as he made his way to his destination.
'Iruka will be ecstatic to hear this!' Kakashi thought to himself.
Even as he continued on his way to the academy, something lingered at the back of his mind. The mentioning of kyuubi festival made his insides squirm in uneasiness.

Yes, he knew it was October 10th. The day kyuubi was released into Konoha. Minato Namikaze, their yondaime hokage, also Kakashi's sensei, sealed it into his newborn baby, who was named Naruto. Minato and Kushina died after it as the kyuubi pierced it's humongous claw through their stomache and chest.