Chapter 25

Kakashi tried to get comfortable in the chair he was trying to sleep in, though he could not simply find a comfortable spot. Sighing tiredly he stood up and stretched  his hands high in the air, straightening his back.
He sighed in relief, at least that's taken care of.

'I've forgotten how hard it is to stay and sleep in a chair.' Kakashi thought before he remembered why he was here, he slumped back into the chair. His eyes glistening with tears as he recalled what Tsunade had told him. Those horrifying, heart-breaking words still ringing in his ears.

"There's only 50% that he'll wake up from his comma....I'll give him 5 months in most..."
Kakashi had argued with her, trying to get a look at her face which was shadowed by her hair. When she heard that Kakashi was willing to pay for the life support machine. She looked at him.
Kakashi had stumbled back a little eyes widening a bit. There was tears rolling down her cheeks like rivers. "You don't need to do that! I've got it covered for now and then if he wakes up." Kakashi hated it. The word 'if'. "Only recently did I know that he is my relative, my only living relative. How do you think I feel when I just know that my only family is dieing! I didn't even get to talk to him..." She choked out.

Kakashi shivered, feeling goosebumps on his upper arms. He rubbed them together, his eyes filling with sadness and regret for his other students. Sasukei and Sakura has become close friends, nearly girlfriend and boyfriend.
Kakashi would be tempted to say, just kiss already. But then he'll remember about Naruto and refrain from saying it. His students, he was proud of them. His cute little Genins. More like chunin though.
When he wasn't around Tsunade appointed Yamato and Sai to their group. Sai was another chunin rank ninja. Kakashi had a weird feeling about him, however he knew that Sai would not hurt his teammates. And he left with that.

Kakashi turned his gaze to the pale blonde hair boy on the hospital bed. His gaze saddening even more than it was.
Wires were connected to his body. The steady beat coming from the heart beating machine was now what ensured him that his love was still alive. There was a oxygen mask on his face, a very thin pipe was going through his mouth into his lungs to help him take breaths. There was also a blood packet next to his bedside. Dripping a droplet once a while.

It's been 2 months since he was admitted to the hospital. No one dared to hurt him as Kakashi was by his side all day and night. Only leaving to get a bath and some snacks when Jiraiya or Iruka stays with Naruto.
Tsunade comes once in a while, hopeful that her nephew was giving any response. But her expression deflates when she meets the still Form of Naruto.
Sasuke and Sakura came on alternative days. They had made it their responsibility to take care of their sensei. Sasuke just sits by Naruto's side while Sakura brings different colorful flowers for the blonde. So that you will see that Naruto's Room was the most colorful room of all.

Kakashi looked at the blonde once more and took his small hand into his warmer ones, holding it so precious like it was made of glass. He blinked back furiously, not wanting his tears to fall. No avail, they fell on to the blondes face.
Kakashi's body shook as quiet sobs broke out. Tears streamed down his cheeks. The Hatake felt his heart squeeze with pain. "Why.....why him?....." He murmured softly, never had he thought Naruto would end up here, then he didn't even think that he'd fall in love with this cute little Uzumaki - Namikaze. He pressed his forehead to Naruto's, letting his eyelids flutter with tiredness.
The click of the lock was heard as another person made their way into the room, making the silver haired man sit back in his chair. Kakashi quickly wiped away his tears and put on an unemtional mask until he could control his sadness.
He didn't want to appear weak in front of someone. Never!

Kakashi looked back to see his previous student, Sasuke coming inside quietly. He took the chair to the other side and they embraces the time in silence.
"How is the dobe?" Sasuke asked.
"He's just run-of-the-mill. Just like when he was brought here." Kakashi sighed deeply.
"But his skin isn't paling anymore is it, and he doesn't have to be checked on once 5
2 hours. At least consider it an improvement..." Sasuke argued back.
Kakashi's lip twitched up like he was going to smile. "You've clearly become a little more talkative, haven't you? Naruto would have been extremely excited to know that..." The both turned their gaze to the blondes face.