Thanks For The Memories

You've been apart for years...

You can't remember the color of her eyes. Yes, you know they were brown, but you can't see them in your mind. The ghost of her lips is no longer. The hue of her dark hair gone. The smell of her perfume faint and lost.
You simply can't remember. It's been years since she left. You'd agreed that it was for the best, but was it truly?
You loved her for two years and missed her for three. Now, you're over it.
At least you think so. Sometimes, she'll pop into your mind, and you'll remember everything so vividly that you think it's real. Then, it fades away once more. Even her voice is too far to hear anymore.
As you're thinking of how much you can't remember her, she appears vividly in your mind's eye.
"I love you," she whispers. You're on the bed together. You were always there.
"I love you," you say back, looking into her brown eyes. They're such a gorgeous shade of brown: not too dark and not too light. Perfect. Her voice is one of an angel, and her hair cascades down her shoulders like ebony waves of silk. She's beautiful—a true goddess.
"I love you more," she says, smiling. You can smell her perfume. You would live within that scent if you could. You bury your face in her hair, breathing in deeply.
"Impossible," you murmur by her ear. She laughs slightly, making your heart skip a beat.
Your entire body warms at the sound. You lift your face to kiss her gently. Her lips are soft and slightly chapped, yet you've never felt anything more perfect. You lean into her, letting yourself melt into her touch.
And then, she fades away. You're thrown back into the present, and you feel your heart drop.
You have to face the fact: you still miss her. You told yourself you were over her; you were lying.
You look to your phone. You could probably contact her. But do you dare?
You can barely remember her. Save for those vivid moments.
You unlock your phone and go to your photos. You had forced yourself to delete all of the memories, excluding just one. You look at the photo. You couldn't bring yourself to delete it. The two of you are lying in bed together, laughing at some stupid shit that you'd probably said. You love the picture so much, even today.
You let out a breath. You go into Instagram and look her up. You find her account. You write her a message:

Hey Demi. I don't know if you remember me, but it's y/n. Your y/n? I hope you're doing well. I just wanted to say hi. And also maybe ask if you wanted to get lunch sometime? I honestly miss you. I'd love to catch up.

You hit send after sitting there hyperventilating for a while. You close your eyes and take a deep breath.
You hope she replies.

———

A few days pass. No response.
You begin to lose hope.
But that's when she replies. Your heart just about stops when you see the message from her.

Hey! I honestly have been missing you, too. Maybe we could meet at our usual place at noon tomorrow?

You immediately agree, feeling like the weight of the world has been lifted off your shoulders. You can't wait.

———

You're so nervous. Your entire body is tense, and you could barely sleep last night. You're waiting for her and feeling like you're about to explode.
She walks in, and your heart literally stops. You can feel it stop beating—and then resume. You feel like you're going to pass out.
You can't think. You can't breathe. You can't do anything but look at her. Your body just acts.
"Demi," you say, and her eyes meet yours. All the memories you'd suppressed for so long come flooding back like a tidal wave.
She smiles. You missed that smile. Your heart starts to beat faster. Thump thump thump. Like a dramatic drumbeat.
You run over to her and practically crash into her open arms.
"I missed you so much," you breathe. Your heart is beating even faster. Thump thump thump. Like the drums in a horror film. The drums in that scene as the protagonist opens the door to that room.
"I missed you, too," she whispers back, her arms wrapping around you tighter. Your heart calms slightly. The door has been opened, and the protagonist has found her beloved alive and well. She crashes into her arms, tears of joy streaming down her cheeks. The world is bright; all is well. The drums are slow and peaceful.

You're glad you reached out to her. Both of you had been feeling the same way. You both wanted to see each other, but you were too scared of what would happen. But now, there's no need to be scared. You're finally together once more.

A/N
what even was this
it started as a simple idea then morphed into something kinda similar to a thing that happened to me recently
only they didn't reply 
now I'm sad