Fighting Over What I Said Part 2

It's been several months since you broke up with Demi...

For the first week, you were sad. You missed her. The second week, things got better. You felt lighter and freer.
Two months later, you felt truly liberated. You could work on your passions again. You started to follow your dreams once more. Your motivation was growing by the day, and you felt so much better.
For several months, you felt on top of the world. You couldn't believe how good it felt to be away from Demetria.
Only one day, for the first time in forever, you saw a magazine cover with a familiar face. You hadn't seen her in months. You felt your face pale. It was Demetria with...a guy. She was laughing brightly as he kissed her cheek. Under their faces were the words: Demi's New Man???
Your heart shattered despite everything. You bit your lip and felt tears brim in your eyes. She was with someone again. Someone else.
Despite yourself, a thought ran through your mind: I could treat her better than he could.
You tore your eyes off the magazine and walked out of the store, your heart heavy.
Ever since that day, you couldn't get her off your mind. You could only remember the good things that you had. Sure she was mad sometimes, but you weren't innocent either.
You kept thinking and thinking. You thought so much that you thought your mind was going to implode from the pressure.
One day, you finally make a decision. You think about everything that has happened between the two of you. You think of the good things; you think of the bad things.
You can finally see things clearly, and you need to speak with her.
You walk up the familiar path to her apartment. You're assuming she still lives here. Going up the steps to the second floor, you can feel your heart beating rapidly in your chest. You're nervous. You're anxious. But you need to do this. You left in such an abrupt way. You were both emotional and upset.
Maybe now you can have an actual conversation.
You walk up to her door. "204". You'll never forget. You let out a soft breath and knock on the door. She might not be home. She could be gone. She could be out. You feel your heart pound.
You hear footsteps from inside, and you feel as though you're about to pass out.
The door opens, and you meet Demi's familiar brown eyes.
Her mouth falls open in shock.
"Oh my god," she whispers, and you can only look at her. Tears cloud your vision as you look at her beautiful face. It's been too long.
"Hi," you finally say, and she throws her arms around you.
"I missed you," she breathes, starting to choke up.
"I missed you," you reply, putting a hand on the back of her head. Her dark hair is soft just like you remembered it. You missed this feeling. You missed her scent. You missed her.
"Can we talk?" she asks, and you nod.
"That's what I came here for," you say as she pulls away and lets you into her apartment. Nothing has changed. Absolutely nothing. Some of the things that you had forgotten here are still lying around: your hairpins on the coffee table, your mug on the kitchen counter, and even one of your scarves on the hook by the door.
"Let me make you some tea," she says, going over to the counter and putting on some hot water. "How have you been?"
"I've been good," you say. "I've missed you a lot, though."
"I've missed you, too. I haven't really been able to get you off my mind these past few months."
That's when something occurs to you. "Don't you have a boyfriend now?"
"No," she replies, and you feel a flood of relief. She sits down in front of you and leans forward on her elbows. "I want to apologize for what I did. And what I said."
"I want to apologize, too. I really did blame you for something that I chose. I should have chosen a better path," you admit, and she smiles slightly.
"That doesn't excuse how I treated you. I'm really sorry. I was stressed and having to deal with a lot. Every time I would hurt you, I knew I was doing it, and I hated myself for it."
You feel your heart clench. What she said to you was never truly horrible. She said things that hurt you, but you reacted in a way that would make you think that she'd insulted your dead ancestors.
"I should have tried to understand more. I should have tired to help you. And I'm sorry."
She smiles. "Maybe we can just start over. Would you be okay with that?" she asks softly.
You let out a breath. "Yeah, I—"
Suddenly, you hear a male voice: "Hey babe, I'm back."

A/N
yes I know I'm a bitch
anyway I made a Google Doc with all my stories with their potential update times and shit so go look at that (in my bio) so that you can get an idea of when I'll be falling off the face of the earth then returning