Basketball

Requested by vashappeninzquad xx

You have a baskETBALL GAME TOMORROoOoooOooOoOoooOOOOWWWwwWWW

(I hope you read that in Jenna Marbles' voice)

You call up your best friend, Demi...

"I have a basketball game tomorrow," you yell into your phone.
"I'm aware," she replies. "What did you have again tomorrow?"
"I have," you suck in a breath, "a baskETBALL GAME TOMORRooOooOoooow!"
"You have a what?"
"A basketball game," you respond, and you can hear her stifling a laugh. "Anyway, you coming?"
"Of course. I can't miss my best friend's basketball game," she responds, making your heart skip a beat.
"Do you want to meet at the school?" You're hoping she'll offer to meet beforehand at your house.
"Sounds perfect," she replies, and you feel a pang of disappointment. You push it aside.
"It'll be great," you say, and she chuckles lightly. "So what are you doing right now?" you ask.
"Lying on my bed in my underwear," she responds.
You can practically see her, and your heart starts to beat faster. You imagine the curve of her hips, her soft skin, and especially her legs against the white sheets of her bed.
"What color?" you ask, and she laughs slightly.
"Mmm. Red lace," she replies, and you bite your lip.
"Aren't you cold?" you whisper, your voice getting quiet.
"A little. I could use someone to warm me up right about now," she responds, making your breath hitch.
Is she flirting with you? The two of you can be like this—you're really close. You don't really know if she likes you like that, though.
"Really?" you ask, trying to sound nonchalant. You're actually screaming on the inside.
"Yeah," she says, her voice lower. "If only you were here with me right now."
You can't breathe. This is really happening; you're in shock.
"I wish the same thing," you respond finally, and she lets out a small laugh.
She doesn't respond, but she's still there. You can hear her breathing softly.
"What are you thinking about?" you ask after a moment.
"You," she replies.
"What about me?"
"Just...everything," she says. You can hear the smile in her voice.
"Demi?" you ask.
"Yeah?"
"Can I tell you something?"
"Of course."
You let out a breath. "I like...playing basketball," you say finally, chickening out.
"Oh."
"Yeah. Love it," you say awkwardly. Your face burns in embarrassment.
"I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" she says. You can hear the embarrassment in her voice, too. Probably secondhand embarrassment from you.
"Yeah," you say, and before you can say anything more, she hangs up.
You let out a breath and put aside your phone. You should be able to breathe now, but you can't. You feel like you fucked up.
That night, you can't sleep well. And you have a fucking basketball game tomorroOOOOooooOw.
You get to the school, but she's not there waiting for you. You reluctantly start to get ready. Once you enter the gym, the bleachers are filled with people. Only she's not there.
You feel dejected. Did you fuck everything up?
You try to push back all thoughts of her as you start playing. You can't focus for a while, but then you start to get into the game. You just focus on the game and nothing else. You throw. You score. And you keep going.
You're so focused that you almost don't notice that you've won it for your team.
"You did it!" your teammates scream, throwing you up and carrying you. You yell in surprise, but they just laugh and congratulate you.
That's when you see her.
"Demi!" you exclaim, forcing your teammates to put you down.
You run over to her and tackle her in a hug.
"Did you think I wouldn't come?" she asks, laughing as she hugs you back.
"When did you get here?" you ask, and she pulls away enough to look at your face.
"I was a few minutes late, but I came in when the score was tied."
"You must've been my lucky charm, then," you say, making her smile. She looks into your eyes. "Demi," you say softly, and she tilts her head to the side slightly. "I love you."
A smile forms on her face. She looks so beautiful.
"I love you, too," she replies, her voice barely audible.
You don't even know what's happening, but suddenly, her lips are on yours. You melt into the kiss, and she smiles against you. It's better than you could have ever imagined.
She tastes sweet, and the smell of her hair is intoxicating. You wrap your arms around her waist, pulling her even closer.
The entire world is quiet now. You're at the center; nothing else matters.
You finally pull apart and look into her eyes.
"It's about fucking time," she says, making you smile.
You couldn't agree more.

A/N
This kinda became something different but hoped you liked it anyway!!