Spirit Part 6

Love is blind.
Love is deaf.
And Love
Is Life and Death.

Her P.O.V.

I can save her. If I want to. My kind, we can do that. I can give her some of my life, but that would make her more powerful than me. She'll no longer be under my spell.
I'll lose her.
No matter what I do, I'll lose her. Either to Death or to Life.
"It's okay, baby," I whisper, opening her mouth slightly. My hands are covered in her blood.
I move my mouth over hers before pressing my lips to hers. I breathe into her mouth, breathing life into her.
Slowly, her wounds begin healing. She's lost so much blood. This is my fault.
"Come back to me," I whisper, pulling away and looking at her face. I unbutton her bloodstained shirt, checking her wounds. They begin sealing themselves in front of my eyes.
"You're okay, baby girl," I say, looking to her face. I feel dizzy. Weak.
Her eyes flutter open, and they meet mine. They shouldn't hold the same love and adoration that they always do—she's stronger than me, now.
Yet, she looks at me with the same love that she always does.
"You...you saved me," she whispers, and I help her sit up. "I love you so much," she says, making my heart skip a beat.
"I—I love you, too," I whisper, and her eyes light up.
"That's the first time you've said that to me," she says giddily, making me smile slightly.
"It's true," I admit.
I didn't want to fall for this girl. I just wanted a pet. A plaything. But she made me fall for her.
"I think..." I look down. "I think it's time I told you the truth."
"You're finally going to tell me what you are?" she asks, her eyes widening.
I let out a breath and nod. "I'm a succubus."
"A what?"
"Do your fucking homework," I snap before recomposing myself. "Sorry." I clear my throat. "I absorb the life from animals. Historically, we seduce men, but I'm not interested in men."
"You're a lesbian succubus," she says, and I huff.
"I suppose."
"What am I?" she asks softly.
I let out a breath. "We're the same."

A/N
I love this series actually and don't want it to end