Spirit Part 2

For she is not Death
She is much worse, yet you still
Follow her in hope

Your heart practically stops. She's not Death? What the fuck is she, then?
"Did you really think anything like this would be that obvious?" she questions, tilting her head to the side. Her long dark hair waves as she moves.
"I don't know," you reply, not really knowing what to say.
She shakes her head. "You're so naïve. Chasing after me like a lost puppy."
"Belittling me isn't going to make me stop loving you," you snap. You realize what you said after the words have already left your mouth. You want to grab them and shove them back in your throat. But unfortunately, you can't.
She raises a perfectly sculpted eyebrow.
"You think you love me?" she questions, the corner of her lip turning up slightly.
There's no use denying it now. "Yes," you tell her, and she hums.
"How old are you?" she questions, and suddenly, you feel a cold chill.
"Why do you want to know?" you counter.
"Answering a question with a question, are we?" she tuts, stepping a bit closer.
You step back. The danger that's always radiating off her is stronger now.
"It's just a question, my love," she say, a spark lighting in her eyes. It disappears immediately.
"What if I don't want to answer it?" you say, taking another step back.
"How about this?" she muses. "You tell me your age, and I'll give you a kiss."
You feel your heart skip a beat. Your eyes flicker to her lips. They're painted a deep red as always. You want to know how they would feel against yours. You need to know.
"I'm eighteen," you blurt out, and she grins.
"Perfect," she breathes before closing the gap between you. Her lips meet yours. You feel breathless as you tangle your hands in her hair. Your heart beats rapidly. You feel like you can't breathe. Your head gets light, and you start to pull away. She pulls you closer, not letting you go.
You can't breathe. You feel like the air is literally being sucked out of your lungs.
You feel her nails dig into your skin.
"You want to know what I am?" You hear her voice, but she's not speaking. She's in your head.
"You want to fucking know who I am?"
You try to pull away. You can't breathe.
"I'll tell you who I am."
You stumble back, a cloud of black smoke blinding you. You fall to the ground, your hands scraping the pavement. You cough as you suck in a painful breath.
"I'm worse than Death." You can still hear her voice in your head, but you can't see her. She's disappeared.
"I feed off life as it leaves the dying body. Have you never noticed how I arrive before the animal is dead?" she questions. You can hear her smirk.
Your heart beats rapidly in your chest. You keep looking around you, as if she's still here. But she's not.
"I took a bit of your life just now."
You struggle to breathe. Your throat feels like it's on fire.
"It's easy when you're not human."
Her words swirl in your mind. You're not human.
"What am I?" you ask, your voice cracking as if you haven't taken a sip of water in years.
She laughs. The sound resonates in your head. You feel dizzy.
"You're my bitch now."

A/N
Shoutout to my kitty kween aka demisbitch for helping me with this oneeee
Part 3 coming soon