Echo sat on the chair next to the stained glass window. She reached over and grabbed her Stele that was on the table next to her. She hovered the crystal over the stone and let out a breath before she carved the rune into the light. The stone became warm in her hand when the rune was complete and it didn't take long for the stone to fall into effect. Echo saw shapes behind her eyelids and soon she was able to make out what was happening.

***

Echo had returned to her room after Sebastian had left. She let out a sigh before she started to peel off her dirty clothing. She could feel the grime on her skin and Echo's OCD suddenly decided to take hold. She quickly jumped into the shower and scraped at her skin until it was as clean as she could get it. Echo wiped the condensation off of the mirror and wasn't afraid of what she saw. She secured the towel to her body as she ran a brush through her long, thick hair.

Echo pulled the bathroom door open as she kept pulling at the snarls in her hair. She held onto the top of her hair but it still hurt when she pulled the brush through.

"Hey, Ec, you in here?"

Echo heard Alec's voice and let out a sigh. She pulled open the door and allowed Alec into her room.

Alec noticed that she was in only a red towel and he slowly closed the door behind him. Echo continued to pull the brush through her hair.

"Ow. Ow. Ow." She turned to Alec, "So, what's up?"

"You just, uh, seemed a bit out of it before you took Sebastian back to the Institute. Just wanted to make sure you were all right."

Echo finally tore out the last tangle in her hair, "Yeah. I'm fine. It took a lot more energy to take the three of you to the lair than I thought."

Alec eyed Echo, "But you're okay?"

Echo let out a small smile, "Yes, I'm fine." There was a moment of silence, "Anything else?"

Echo started to gather some clothing, but she didn't have time to pull out a shirt before Alec had his lips pressed against hers. Echo quickly pushed away and looked up at him.

"Whoa, I thought you and Magnus were going pretty hard?"

Alec swallowed, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that."

Echo felt what Alec felt with clarity, "But you wanted to. Like really wanted to. There was no hesitation."

Alec swallowed and turned away, "I'm sorry. I just..."He let out a sigh, "I feel this...desire to be with you." Echo could feel Alec's embarrassment.

Echo let out a breath before walking up to her husband. She put a hand on his cheek and looked into his multi-coloured eyes, "You can't hide anything from me."

Alec let out a breath, "I'm sorry."

Echo shook her head and reached up to place a kiss on Alec's cheek. Alec pulled in a breath and swallowed before he wrapped his hands around Echo's body and fully kissed her again. Echo could feel Alec's certainty but she still pulled away.

"Alec..."

Alec shook his head, "I know you feel what I feel. Echo, remember how I told you that I love you? That is real. That love is real."

"I just don't want you to regret it."

Alec shook his head, "I won't regret a second of it."

Echo basically saw the desperation in Alec's eyes. No. Echo saw Lust in Alec's eyes. Echo felt her own amount of desire and tried so hard to hold it back, but Alec was in her hands. Alec tilted his head down and placed a soft kiss on Echo's lips. Echo closed her eyes and accepted every second of the kiss. She wanted it so badly.

Alec felt Echo accept the kiss and he pulled her closer to him. The closeness of Echo made Alec feel a spark in his body. He pushed Echo against the wall behind her and she pulled in a gasp but didn't pull away. Alec had on a smirk as he kissed along her jawline. Echo felt her back arch closer to Alec. Alec returned to Echo's lips and slowly pushed her body until it landed on her bed a few feet away. Echo let out a smile as Alec pulled back to take off his shirt.

Echo pulled in a breath and let it out as she bit her lip. Alec saw her reaction and smirked. He pushed her body against the bed and it didn't take long for Echo's towel to unravel. Alec pulled the sheet around them before hovering over Echo. He looked into her red eyes and couldn't help but let out a smile.
"I love your eyes."

Echo blushed and smiled.

"I love your hair. I love your smile. I love your attitude. I love everything about you."

Echo couldn't help the smile from grown on her face as Alec allowed his body weight to slowly set on hers. He kissed at Echo's lips through her smile and Echo allowed herself to feel Alec's full weight on top of her.