Uncomfortable

Alec walked beside Isabelle with his senses on alert.

"Alec, you don't have to do this. I can do it alone."

Alec kept his eyes up, "We need to find Jace."

Isabelle gave a sigh, but kept her steps long, "You need to be at the Institute."

Alec huffed, "You don't know what I need."

As Alec's anger started to sprout, he felt an itch on his arm. He clenched his fist, "I'm sorry. I have to do this."

Isabelle looked up at her brother for a moment before they both rounded the corner to a known fight club a few blocks from the Institute. The man that was guarding the door recognized the two, as they have been in this part of town before. The man opened the door and allowed the two Shadowhunters to enter.

Alec and Isabelle strutted into the warehouse as Alec spoke, "He said the best fighters in the city come here."

Isabelle gave a nod, "It's only a matter of time before Valentine hits this place."

Alec and Isabelle walked further into the club. As Alec took a step further into the mess, he felt a wave of a chill pass against his shoulder. Alec looked down for a moment before his attention was on the grunting and fighting off the Mundanes.

Alec wasn't the only one that noticed how slow the Mundanes' movements were. After the initial exchange of money from one to another, Isabelle spoke her words with a smirk on her face, "You got some moves."

The Mundane with a complete sleeve tattoo and a smirk answered Isabelle, "Yeah? How about I take you home and show you some of those moves, up close and personal?"

Isabelle had a smirk plastered on her face, but Alec kept his face expressionless, even as the man was trying to hit up his sister. Alec knew that Isabelle could kick the guy's ass easily.

"That's funny. You really think you have a chance with her?"

The man looked up at Alec, "And who are you?"

Alec didn't let his expression change, "I'm the guy who's gonna put you down if you don't shut your mouth."

The Mundane started to raise his voice in anger, "Why don't you come up and try, pretty boy?"

Alec went to take a step forward, but two things halted him; a hand on his chest with Isabelle's words and an invisible pull on his shoulder. Alec took a step back as the Mundane eyed the Shadowhunter down. Isabelle walked past the man as she spoke, "What are you waiting for? Let's go."

After giving Alec one last glance the Mundane followed Isabelle whilst Alec stood back and watched.

Alec enjoyed watching his sister beat the shit out of a guy twice her size. But while Alec was engrossed in the activity at hand, he couldn't help but shake how cold his arm had become. Alec pulled in a breath and adjusted his posture. The tingling feeling in his arm made the Shadowhunter uncomfortable. The Mundane in front of him suddenly went down with Isabelle's boot against his throat and a smirk on her face.

Alec rolled his eyes and shook his head at his sister. He liked watching her fight; it made him proud. Isabelle came up to her brother with her smile, "What do you think? Two out of three?"

Alec smirked, "With that guy? He's scared of you."

The Mundane on the ground quickly got up from his position and shook his head, "Crazy bitch!"

After the other men had watched their friend get beaten by a girl, they all started to leave with disappointment.

Isabelle looked up at her brother, "Showtime."

Once the warehouse had cleared of the men, Isabelle took her Stele from her pocket and transformed herself into the man she had just fought. Alec let out a sigh and moved away from the center and waited in the shadows.

Isabelle moved to the center of the room and played her part. She put an icepack to her forehead just as another Mundane walked through the room. He slapped Isabelle's disguise on the shoulder, "Chick did that to you?"

"Yeah, I'd like to see you fight that chick." The other Mundane quickly left the area, "Break you like a twig!" Just as Isabelle said her final words to the Mundane the lights in the warehouse started to flicker.

Isabelle looked up just as a Shadowhunter came out from a portal and started to manhandle her thinking she was the Mundane fighter. Alec saw that as his opportunity. He ran up to the Shadowhunter and bear hugged him to try and capture him. Alec swung the Shadowhunter away from Isabelle just as she transformed back into herself. The man crashed into the door while Alec pulled a Seraph handle from his belt and unsheathed it.

The Circle member quickly gathered his bearings and pulled a blade to protect himself. While the Shadowhunter was distracted by Isabelle's sudden appearance, Isabelle let her silver snake whip pull the man's blade from his hand.

"Tell us where Valentine is."

The Shadowhunter clenched his hand in pain from Isabelle's whip and Alec was getting angry.

He held out his blade to the Circle member, "Where is he?"

As Alec threatened the Shadowhunter, he pulled out a knife of his own. He pressed it to his neck and Alec and Isabelle froze. Alec let out a breath and took a step forward, but that step cost them the Shadowhunter.

The man pulled the blade against his throat and allowed himself to bleed out. Alec went to keep the man alive, "No!" But it was already too late. The Shadowhunter slid down to the ground as he died. Alec let out a frustrated breath and looked to his sister, but a vibration in his pocket distracted them.

Alec felt at his pockets and realized where the buzzing was coming from. He pulled the phone from the pocket on the inside of his jacket and let out a nervous breath. Isabelle noticed the phone and took a step forward, "Is that Echo's?"

Alec's mood shifted as he answered Clary's call.

"Hello?"

"Alec? Why are you answering Echo's phone?"

Alec swallowed and let out a huff, "What do you need?"

Clary let her vulnerability show through her tone; "I need to talk to Echo. Is she with you?"

Alec felt his stomach sink at Clary's question. Alec didn't know what to say and in the silence, Isabelle took the phone from Alec and spoke.

"Hey, Clary."

"Izzy. Is Echo with you? I need to talk to her."

Isabelle shook her head, "She's still resting."

"Oh, okay."

Isabelle noticed Clary's tone, "Is everything all right?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm okay. I just wanted to talk to her about my mom and everything that is happening. But it's okay."

Isabelle looked up at Alec and took in his slightly depressed expression, "All right. I'll see you at the Institute."

Isabelle ended the call; "Do you want it back?" She held out Echo's phone.

Alec looked down at the device and took it from his sister's hand. The phone felt cold in his fingers. He pushed the phone into his pocket and let out a breath, "Let's go." Alec led Isabelle out of the warehouse with a new thought in his mind.