Thoughts don't lie

Echo tried to peel her tired and groggy eyes open, but it was difficult. She pulled her hand up to her eyes and quickly rubbed at them to push the stupor from her body. Echo let out a deep sigh and opened her eyes. Her vision landed on the celling and she noticed how it sparkled from the stain glass. She let out a small smile at the sight. She had always loved waking up to see the sun shining through the colours. Echo let out a yawn and as she did, she stretched, but the stretch was short as she noticed that she was completely naked underneath the sheet.

Echo furrowed her brows and pressed her palm against her chest to keep the sheet in place as she sat up. As she did she noticed that she wasn't alone in her bed. There, on the other half of her bed, was Alec. Stark naked and fast asleep. Echo's eyes went wide as she let a squeak from her lips. She quickly placed a hand over her mouth in fear that the noise would wake Alec. To her dismay, the Shadowhunter beside her started to groan as he woke from his sleep. Alec had a similar reaction to Echo, but when he noticed that he wasn't clothed, he shot his body into a sitting position and looked, wide-eyed, at Echo.

Echo had confusion and fear in her eyes, as Alec was shocked. Echo held onto the sheet to keep her covered. The shock that was in both of them quickly faded at the same time and the both of them gave a sharp inhale as Alec quickly jumped from the bed with a blanket around his lower body.

"What the hell?" Alec quickly covered himself.

Echo was in distress as well, "I have no idea. What the hell happened?" Echo's words were a shout.

Alec let out a pant, "What did we do last night?"

Echo shrugged her shoulders, "If I knew do you think I would be as shocked?" Echo's words lifted at the end. Alec had started to look around the room for his clothes while he spoke with urgency, "What was the last thing you remember?"

Echo looked down at the bedding as she tried to remember, "I teleported Sebastian back and I fell asleep." Echo looked up at Alec, "What about you?"

Alec had found his pants, "I helped Magnus clean up his loft and then I came back to the Institute. I went right to bed."

Echo could feel the frustration, stress, shock, and humiliation in the room.

Echo ran a hand through her hair, "Oh, my god."

Alec shook his head and sat down next to her with his pants securely fastened, "Okay, let's not jump to conclusions just yet."

Echo looked up at Alec with wild eyes, "Then what the hell should we jump to? We both wake up naked in my room with no memory of what happened." Echo let out a pant and ran her hand through her hair again, "Oh, my god. What did we do!" Echo looked up at Alec, "I don't remember anything and I can't see anything."

Alec was the one to keep the most calm, "Okay, let's not panic just yet, okay? We can figure this out."

"Figure what out? The fact that we might have had sex last night?" Echo kept her words low in fear of eavesdroppers.

Alec let his eyes slightly widened at the word, "Echo." Alec placed his hands on Echo's arms to get her to look at him. Echo paused her frantic hyperventilating, "We can't panic. That will not help us. We just need to calmly try to remember. Maybe it was a spell or trick. Maybe it didn't even happen at all."

Echo could feel how Alec was trying to make the situation better and it helped her calm down. She pulled in a deep breath and let it out slowly.

She looked up at Alec with worry, "What do we do now?" Echo gripped onto the sheet.