Demon vs. Angel

Echo stood in the corner with her drink in her hand and stared at the party guests. She didn't know any of them but she could feel how happy they were to be at a Ceremony. It made Echo sick at seeing them enjoying themselves. Echo cringed as she tasted her drink, but she finished the glass with ease. She held out the glass to the wolf girl that was making drinks.

"Another one." Echo dangled the glass, but her attention was on Clary's stressed words.

Echo saw Isabelle, Jace, Magnus and Maryse rush around the corner and up the spiral steps. Echo rolled her eyes before she slowly followed the group. The moment that Echo stepped past the bodies and onto the balcony, her eyes went wide. The anger completely vanished from her mind with incredible speed. Alec was hanging off of the edge of the balcony by Magnus' magic. Magnus pulled Alec from the edge and placed him against the wall just as Isabelle and Jace pushed the door open.

"What happened?" Jace went up to Alec as Isabelle spoke.

Echo stood speechless as Clary explained, "All of a sudden, he started talking about how I hated him for killing my mom."

"Alec!" Maryse hurried onto the balcony with worry in her voice.

"It's okay. I sedated him when I pulled him from the ledge." Magnus looked down at Alec as he spoke to Maryse.

Maryse grabbed onto Alec's face, but Jace counteracted her movement, "You know what, you stay away from him. You can't be trusted."

Maryse was appalled, "I can't be trusted?" She looked back to her daughter that had come up behind her, "Now you see why I was wary of having a party at a warlock's house."

Echo let out a suddenly angry breath as Simon came to join the party, "Whoa, what's going on here?"

Clary rolled her eyes, "Why do you care? Maia is at the bar."

Simon was confused, "Yes, and Alec's on the ground."

Echo looked at every person on the terrace and suddenly let her head roll in a tick.

"Would you just shut up? All I hear from you is chatter and it is annoying. This doesn't concern you, Simon!"

Echo let out a series of ticks in her sentence and she could feel her body becoming hot, "This party is a disaster. You are all a disaster!" Echo let her words initiate her pacing, "Maybe if Maryse wasn't such a heartless wench, then maybe this wouldn't have happened!" Echo felt her body shake with anger and Isabelle stood up.

"Hey. Do not talk about my mom like that!"

Echo scoffed, "Oh, now you are defending your mother! Does she know your secret?"

Isabelle's eyes suddenly went wide, "Don't."

Echo's lips turned up in a snarl, "Don't what, Isabelle?"

"Enough." Magnus stood as he let out a sigh, "Everyone stay here. I'll be right back."

Magnus quickly left the terrace, but Echo was still fuming. She let out a shaky breath before she pulled both of her hands into a fist and suddenly everything went to hell. Maryse was accusing Clary and Simon was beefing up Jace. Echo took in all of the anger and it made her mental.

Echo let out a series of twitches as she gave a low and haunting glance at the four dueling. She felt her fists warm with energy and her fingers tingled. She let out a series of breaths and felt the anger and the warmth rise. Echo kept her eyes on the shouting but she could feel the energy in her hands. She grit her teeth as she felt her entire body start to shake. She slowly held up her hands, but before she could release her anger a sudden silence washed over the group.