Welcome to the Family

Start from the beginning

She riffled through the t-shirts until she pulled out the picture, "Aldertree took it from me a while ago, but I found where he kept it and took it back." Echo held out the picture to Sebastian and the older twin gently took it into his hand.

"We look so happy."

Echo let out a smile as she remembered, "A few months ago I relived vital memories from when we were in Idris and this was one of them. I'm pretty sure Jocelyn was pregnant with Clary in that picture too."

Sebastian looked up from the picture, "Is that so?"

Echo shrugged, "I mean it makes sense, she left a few weeks after that." Echo suddenly realized what she had said and could feel the shift in Sebastian's emotions. Echo let out a sigh and changed the topic, "What are you going to tell Alec?"

Sebastian gently set the picture down on the dresser and let out a breath, "Well, I will actually have to do some work in finding others who had a personal vendetta against Valentine, but that shouldn't be too hard."

Echo placed the picture back in her dresser, "Well better get to work."

***

Echo looked down at the tablet as she followed Sebastian into Ops, "Are you sure this is legit?"

Sebastian nodded his head, "Of course it is." Sebastian spotted Alec and Isabelle, "There you are!"

The twins mounted the steps with the tablet in hand, "Any update on the mole?"

Sebastian gave a nod and took the tablet from Echo's hands, "Yeah. Whoever it was is a clever one. Left absolutely no trace, but I've been auditing personnel files. I've found a few Shadowhunters who have a personal stake in wanting Valentine dead. Family members killed, relatives lost to the Circle. All with enough access and clearance to pull it off."

Alec gave a small nod, "Send me the list when you're done with it."

Before Sebastian could respond, Isabelle gave a large smile and looked behind them, "By the Angel."

Alec was equally as happy, "Aline."

It was easy for Alec and Isabelle to approach the Shadowhunter, but both Echo and Sebastian were hesitant.

The woman with dark hair and dark eyes gave a smile, "In the flesh."

"It's been years." As Alec spoke, Isabelle went in for a crushing hug.

"What are you doing here?"

Aline glanced at Echo before answering, "I would've given you both a heads up, but I didn't want to spook my dear cousin." Aline looked up at Sebastian, which caused Echo to look up at him with an open mouth. "Who disappears for half a year only to show up here." Aline was now in Sebastian's personal bubble and Echo could tell that he was extremely uncomfortable.

Echo expected Aline to attack the man, but she did the opposite and gave a smile, "Come here you gorgeous Englishman."

The two gave an embrace and Sebastian let out a sigh, "It's good to see you, Aline."

When the two pulled back Alec reached over and pulled Echo into his side with his arm around her shoulders, "Aline, I would like to introduce you to Echo. She is the newest member of our family."

Aline shifted her body so that she was facing Echo, "Is that so?"

Alec gave a smile, "Yes, we married a couple months ago."

Aline looked pleasantly surprised, "Really? Well, welcome to the family."

Alec glanced down at Echo, "Ec, Aline has been a family friend since we were little. Our parents used to be best friends. We basically grew up together."