"Echo?" There was a slight knock on her door as she heard Alec's voice.

Echo moved into action to get on some new clothes, "Yeah?"

The door slowly opened and Alec poked his head in, "Hey."

"Hey." Echo could feel the awkwardness between them and she hated it, "Don't be awkward, okay? The more distant you are, the worse it is."

Alec leaned against the doorframe, "Right. I'm sorry. I have just been so focused on the attacks. I was going to come talk to you last night, but Sebastian said you fell asleep at his place."

Echo pulled out a set of clothing, "Yeah. Herondale kicked me out so I slept there."

Alec dropped his head, "I'm sorry about that."

Echo shook her head, "It's fine."

Alec noticed that Echo didn't emit her anger and he finally felt that he could have a conversation with her. The Shadowhunter glanced behind him before he fully stepped into Echo's room and shut the door.

Echo slowed her movement at the odd action.

"So, I wanted to talk about the other night." When we woke up in bed.

Echo shook her head, "I don't want to talk about it." Echo's words weren't sharp as usual, but low. She ducked behind her dressing canvas as Alec spoke.

"I know you don't, but we need to. I haven't regained my memory, but maybe you have?"

Echo had redressed in black pants and a maroon top and threw her other clothes onto her dresser as she stepped out.

"No, I haven't."

Alec kept his voice soft, "I know that it is hard for you to talk about but—"

Echo shook her head, "Alec," Her voice was a breath, "When you left that morning," Echo shifted her words, "Before that night, I had never been with anyone."

Alec noticed her words, "Echo, I don't think—"

"We did. We may not remember it, but some actions leave scars."

Alec's eyes went wide at the word, "I didn't hurt you, did I?"

Echo shook her head, "No, you didn't. I promise."

"Then what is it?"

Echo licked her lips, "I just...I haven't felt right since I woke up that morning. Something feels off."

Alec was confused, "How?"

"I don't know. I feel sick."

There was a moment of silence before Echo pulled in a breath and looked up at Alec, "Don't you have a speech to announce? You should probably go gather everybody." Echo reached behind Alec and pulled the door open, "I'll be out in a few, okay?" Echo's voice hadn't shifted any higher than a sad tone. The shift in mood gave Echo whiplash.

Alec let out a sigh but nodded, "Okay." Alec slowly left Echo's room.

When Echo was alone, she let out a sigh. She placed her head in her hands for a moment before she finally pulled on some shoes and walked to the center of the Institute where she saw Alec up on the steps and Sebastian close to the back of the group.

Echo came up beside Sebastian and the two gave only a single glance at each other before they put their focus on Alec. The man in charge waited for another few moments until he knew everybody stood before him.

"We've lost seven of our own, but we can't allow a single, radical Seelie to define the entire Downworld, any more than we can allow Valentine to define all Shadowhunters. So, to restore unity with our allies, I will be hosting regular Cabinet meetings here with the Downworld leaders of New York."