Every person was confused and they were saying their apologies. Echo let out a breath and looked down at her hands. They were still shaking, but not to the extent as they were before. The anger was gone and she suddenly felt hollow. She pulled into herself, but Simon's words made her curious.

"What happened here?"

Magnus waved his hand, "It seems a warlock has been having a little fun at our expense."

"Is he okay?" Echo flicked her head to Maryse and she saw Alec as he pulled from his sedation. Echo felt as if she couldn't move as Clary said Alec's name. Echo stood to the side and watched everything. Every person was looking down at Alec with concern. Magnus let out a sigh before he closed his book, but the moment that the pages touched, the book vanished.

"Someone has taken my spell book."

There was a moment of silence before Magnus used his magic to pull up his protection wards. Echo felt the entire building shake as the transparent wall rose. Magnus was angry, "Nobody leaves until I get it back." The Warlock quickly left the terrace in a huff. Echo stood in her spot as Clary and Simon followed Magnus. Jace pulled Alec up to standing. Maryse and Isabelle followed Simon. Alec slowly shook his head to wipe the sleep from his head.

The hollow feeling in Echo continued as Jace and Alec left, thinking that she wasn't there. Echo stood alone on the terrace feeling no emotion. She couldn't hear or feel anything. She glanced down at her hands and she could still feel the phantom of the tingling that she experienced when she felt the energy pool in her hands. The sensation was odd and it pricked at her skin. Echo pulled her head up from her hands and slowly joined the group in the living room.

Magnus was scanning every guest before they left his loft. None of them had the spell book. Echo stood beside the group as Alec pushed the last man, who was complaining about how he was so very close to getting laid, out of the door. Echo leaned against the chair beside her.

"Is he the last one?" Jace.

Magnus let out a sigh, "It appears I'm the only Warlock here."

Echo fidgeted with her fingers. No, he's not. Echo's thought came into her mind and she saw Alec turn to face her with curiosity.

Magnus lowered his wards and Echo felt a slight shake from the house.
"Magnus, what happens if we don't find your spellbook?" Clary's voice suddenly annoyed Echo.

Magnus shook his head, "That's not an option you want to explore. That book can undo every spell I've ever cast. From the elementary to the complex in new and old languages..." Magnus' words died as he came to realization, "Champenois."

Echo wasn't familiar with the French word.

"It's an old French dialect. Le chat roux." Echo knew those words. The red-haired cat.

Echo furrowed her brows as she heard a slightly familiar voice in her head, although she wasn't sure how she heard it. Magnus was quick to pull up his wards again with anger. He had figured out the theft. And so had Echo. Magnus quickly walked from the living room and into a bedroom.

Every person followed, but Echo tagged behind. They all entered the room with quiet feet as Magnus examined the area. As Echo entered the room, the voice was prominent in her head. She didn't know who the voice belonged to, but it was loud. Magnus looked about the room before he noticed that there was a slight lump in the bed. Every person eyed it as Jace and Magnus shared a glance. The two coordinated with each other as they pulled the comforter from the bed.

Instantly the yowling of a cat sounded, startling Echo. The cat quickly jumped from the bed, but before it could run from the room, Magnus hit it with a ball of magic and the cat transformed into a person. Before anyone could gather the person's identity the Warlock cast a spell. Suddenly Echo's body was frozen. She couldn't hear or see anything, but she was able to feel the loft quake as rounds of magic hit the walls. The moment that Echo was senseless, she felt vulnerable, but the moments were just that.