Twenty Six

A/n: welcome back!! The editing period is officially over! i recommend re-reading this from the beginning because although not a lot changed, but its better written. Also hyungwon is dominate now (no smut tho) Thank you, and here's chapter twenty six!

"So, he came back?" Kihyun rested his head on his hand, glancing at the cafè door to make sure they were alone.

Hyungwon tapped his fingers against the cash register. "Kihyun, I need to tell you something after work. Can we go to a friend's apartment?"

Kihyun narrowed his eyes. "Why?"

"Because this isn't something that you just say out in the open."

The other male bit his lip. Kihyun looked so small like that, eyes avoiding Hyungwon's. His hair was fluffy, and he wore a black sweater and black skinny jeans under his cafè apron.

Hyungwon wanted to hug him and lock him away from everyone.

"Fine."

The remainder of the shift was tortuous. Hyungwon just wanted out of there. It was a relief to turn the sign to "Closed".

Kihyun took his and Hyungwon's aprons and hung them in the backroom, only to return with nothing.

"You didn't bring anything?"

The smaller male shook his head. "No, now let's get going to where we need to go."

Hyungwon held the door open for Kihyun before stepping outside. The cold air hit his skin, but he made no effort to take his jacket out of his bag. Instead, he quietly began to walk the streets.

"You didn't drive here!?" Kihyun exclaimed, running to catch up.

"No. A friend dropped me off."

Kihyu crossed his arms. "It's cold."

"You'll live."

Hyungwon glanced at the moving city. Cars were backed up in traffic depsite it being past 10:00. Seoul never dies, he supposed. Light flashed and people honked their horns.

Kihyun eventually fell silent, opting to wrap his arms around one of Hyungwon's arms. Hyungwon should have shook him off, but instead he just let Kihyun do as he pleased. Besides, Kihyun's body heat kept him warm.

Hyungwon thought back to Hoseok, all alone with only Changkyun and Jooheon to keep his company. Was he okay? Did he miss Hyungwon?

Kihyun pulled Hyungwon out of his thoughts when he suddenly stopped. Hyungwon glanced over to see him gazing at a shop window.

"What is it, Ki?"

"Minhyuk...that's Minhyuks bracelet...that I gave him. W-why would it be at a pawn shop, Hyungwon?" Kihyun turned his head back to stare at Hyungwon with wet eyes. "W-why would he throw something away that I saved up for four months to buy him? It's pure silver, and his first name is carved into it. It was custom made, so why would it be here?"

Hyungwon looked at the window, and sure enough a small silver bracelet sat by the window on a pillow. Kihyun gripped Hyungwon's arm tighter.

"Let's...let's go Ki, come on."

Anxiety bubbled up inside of Hyungwon. Just yesterday they hid the body Hoseok killed, and he hadn't-

No one heard from Minhyuk.

Hyungwon literally dragged Kihyun away by his arm. "We need to go, right now."

Hastily, he walked to Jooheon's home. He didn't stop even when Kihyun wouldn't stop crying.

He swung open the door, revealing a pitch black home. It didn't ease his nerves at all. Jooheon wasn't one to sleep early, or sleep at all, but the door wasn't locked either so something was going on.

"Where are we?" Kihyun sniffed.

Hyungwon untangled himself from Kihyun's grip and ignored the said male. He walked through the living room and turned on the lights.

He felt sick. For the first time in a while, he felt sick at the sight of something. He wanted to hide. He wanted to be somewhere else, anywhere that wasn't in the living room.

Hoseok sat on the floor, eyes staring up at Hyungwon. His eyes were wet, confirming Hyungwon's fear.

"He's gone, Hyungwon. Min is gone."

Kihyun bursted into tears, dropping to his knees. Hyungwon felt powerless. Minhyuk was gone, and it was because of him.

Did he die in the fire?

Or did something else...

"Baby," Hyungwon sat next to Hoseok. "Baby, I'm so, so sorry. I know how much you loved him, but I feally need you to calm down.

Hoseok's entire body shook as Hyungwon wrapped his arms around him. Quietly, he shushed the male.

Kihyun crawled over to Hyungwon's other side and cried against his shoulder.

They just sat there, hopeless and helpless.

The world seemed to stop turning.