Nineteen

Hoseok sighed as he dragged himself through the long hallway to his apartment with Hyunwoo. He was exhausted after spending all day working on petty crimes. It was nearly 10 P.M., and he was worried about Hyungwon having to wait for him for a few hours.

The words Hyungwon said to him a week ago echoed in his head when he thought about how everything had been going between them.

I'd kill someone for you.

Hoseok only learned how far that statement went when he opened his apartment door to Hyungwon holding Minhyuk against the wall by his throat with a knife in his hand.

"Hyungwon!" Hoseok shouted.

Soft eyes glanced over, but he doesn't remove his hand away from Minhyuk. "Hm?"

Hoseok walked in, slamming the door behind him. "Explain," he spoke in a dangerously low tone. "Now."

He titled his head slightly, giving him an innocent expression like he isn't doing anything bad. "You said Minhyuk is stressing you out because the sitution with Hyunwoo right?"

Minhyuk was shaking, and Hoseok almost wished he was dead because it was going to take a lot to make sure he wouldn't report Hyungwon. No one was supposed to know about Hyungwon's true identity. He was supposed to be better than this.

Then again, Hyungwon said he would kill for Hoseok, and clearly he meant it.

"Hyungwon, please let him go!" He begged.

Apparently he liked begging because the knife fell the ground by Hyungwon's feet. It was a miracle it didn't cut him since he was just wearing socks.

"Please, release him."

Hyungwon's arms fell down to his sides as Minhyuk collapsed to his knees, gasping for air. He looked completely horrified at the couple.

"You're late," Hyungwon casually commented.

Eyes stared at Hoseok expectantly. He had promised Hyungwon that they would spend time together, but then he had to work overtime. He partially felt bad for both Hyungwon and Minhyuk.

If he had came home sooner, Minhyuk probably wouldn't be gasping for air.

"What the hell!?" Minhyuk screamed, fear clear in his eyes.

"Hyungwon, can I have some alone time with Min, please?".

Hyungwon begrudgingly dragged himself to Hoseok's room. Hoseok waited until the door was closed to speak to Minhyuk.

"Hyungwon isn't normal."

Minhyuk stood up, rubbing his neck. "No, he's fucking insane!"

"I can't do this alone, Minhyuk!" Hoseok grabbed both of his hands, holding them in his.

Minhyuk stared into pleading eyes. He could see the hurt in Hoseok's face. He sighed deeply and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Tell me everything."

Hoseok filled him in on everything from the beginning. He described meeting him in the coffee shop when he first offered to give him a job. He explained that he was kidnapped because they panicked. He left no details out.

Minhyuk smiled softly when Hoseok finished telling him about when Hyungwon told him he would kill for Hoseok. "You really love him, huh? That's why you stick around?"

Hoseok returned the smile. "More than anything."

"Then I'll keep the secret. You're supporting me through Hyunwoo's abuse when he's drunk, so I'll support you even if you're dating a psychopath." He paused. "But Hoseok?"

"Yeah?"

"If you want to keep him, get him to stop killing. He's going to get caught. Hyunwoo isn't that stupid."

Hoseok nodded slowly before quietly entering his room. Hyungwon laid curled up in a ball in the middle of the bed. Hoseok carefully sat on the edge of the bed and rubbed his thumb against Hyungwon's cheek.

You must have fallen asleep while waiting for me, huh?

He gently brushed back Hyungwon's bangs to kiss his forehead.

You're not all bad. I can see the good in you. You just want to protect me, you just don't know how to. Doing bad things doesn't make you a bad person, you just have to change it.

Hyungwon stirred slightly before his eyes fluttered open.

"Hoseok?" He groaned.

Hoseok stood up to turn out the light before lying down in bed on his side. Hyungwon immediately wrapped an arm around his waist and pulled him further against his own chest.

Hoseok didn't care that he was still in his dress slacks and white buttoned shirt. He didn't care that he could hear Minhyuk watching TV while he waited for Hyunwoo to get home. Hyungwon was holding him.

"Are you angry?" Hyungwon softly asked.

Hoseok sighed. "No, I'm not. Do you understand that hurting people is wrong?"

"I need to protect you!" Hyungwon responded.

"Hyungwon, we are safe."

Hyungwon's eyes fell closed. "I own you, okay?"

"Okay."