Five

A/n: This is honestly one of the most original stories I've ever written, I've never read anything that sounds like it.

- - - - - -

"What the hell!?" Hoseok shouted as he looked at the piece of paper in his hand.

The killer was at the funeral. He slipped the note on the gravestone in all the comotion. There were over a hundred people at the funeral, so it would be impossible to suspect all of them.

A familar arm fell on his shoulders as the owner stared at the piece of paper. Hoseok didn't have to even look to see who it was. The gesture was so familar. Kihyun always had a problem keeping his hands to himself.

They read through the note for the millionth time.

Hoseok,
You looked beauitful the other night. I want to visit you more.
Maybe you should leave your door unlocked.
Of course, you're going to get guards to follow you from now on, but I'll find you.

"What the fuck?" Kihyun screamed.

"I'm being stalked by the killer," Hoseok said, almost not believing himself.

Kihyun shook his head and took the note from his best friend. It was perfectly typed with no spelling errors. It was so straightforward.

"12 point font, Times New Roman. This guy doesn't fuck around, Hoseok," Kihyun grinned.

Hyunwoo shoved Kihyun's arm away from Hoseok, recieving a pout that Hyunwoo ignored. "There's no reason to really stay here and keep watch. They must have slipped the note on the gravestone after the funeral."

Hoseok sighed. "I don't know why this guy is so obsessed with me."

Kihyun shook his head. "Me neither. You're pretty ugly."

Hoseok ignored his comment and continued, "I have no idea who it is. It's a male. He's relatively tall. Other than that, we've got nothing to go on."

"We can't just let him keep killing people," Hyunwoo mumbled as he glanced back at the grave.

Hyungwon and Changkyun stood next to the grave. They knew the victim. According to Hyungwon, he was a close friend. Hoseok silently wondered if they were so close, why he didn't say anything about it when they were at the murder scene. He recalled Hyungwon biting his bottom lip the entire time, but he didn't think anything of it. The boy was shy and didn't speak much.

The two friends spoke excitedly as they recalled memories with the deceased boy. Their time with Choi Youngjae (A/N: i love my baby sorry not sorry) had all good memories. He was a sunshine and always cheered everyone up.

Hoseok sighed as he looked at the pair. He felt bad that he couldn't be there for Hyungwon. He wondered if behind the laughter the male was actually really sad about the death of Youngjae.

"I honestly have no more ideas," Hoseok confessed, removing his eyes from Hyungwon and looking at his boss. "He's too smart. He doesn't leave traces, not a piece of hair or cloth or fingerprints. There's nothing to go on."

"Everyone makes mistakes," Kihyun glanced at the detectives. "He'll mess up."

"So, we stand around waiting until he makes a mistake?" Hyunwoo asked, generally confused why the male barista even showed up in the first place.

"We wait." Hoseok quietly confirmed.

"I want a background check on that assistant of yours."

"Huh?"

"We don't know anything about him. Do a background check and a small interview to see if he has any secrets that would hurt the agency." Hyunwoo yawned. "See you tomorrow at work. A file about him better be on my desk when I walk into my office."

Before Hoseok could argue, Hyunwoo slipped away and got into his car.

He shook his head. It was too much to deal with in one day. He didn't know what was worse: getting no clues on the killer or spending his day trying to get information out of his assistant.

Either way, Hoseok knew he wouldn't be able to sleep that night.