Eight

Hyungwon paced back and forth, glancing at the pile of bodies on the floor. The 3 were still asleep, but Hyungwon couldn't dare to sleep. He stayed awake all night, even after Hoseok kept telling him to sleep.

Hyungwon pulled his almost dead phone from his pocket and quickly typed in a familar number. He called.

After a few beeps, the person on the other line picked up.

"Hyungwon, it's 5 in the morning, what the fuck do you want?" Changkyun grumbled.

"Did you do the thing I asked you to do?"

"Yes, exactly how you instructed. It's fine, Hyungwon. You're fine."

Hyungwon stopped pacing and took another glance at the males on the ground. Minhyuk's head was on Hyunwoo's stomach and Hoseok's head was on Minhyuk's thigh. Hoseok mumbled in his sleep as his arms searched for the male he was previously holding.

"No, I'm not fine, Changkyun!"

"Hyungwon, don't you dare check up on my work."

"What are you yelling about so early in the morning?" Hoseok lifted his head up and walked over to the worried male.

"Nothing."

Hoseok wrapped his arms around Hyungwon from behind, causing him to jump at the sudden touch. He rested his head against Hyungwon's back.

Why the hell are you such boyfriend material?

"Hyungwon, are you even listening!?" Changkyun scolded on the other side of the phone.

"Sorry, I'm just worried. I'll leave your work alone. It better be flawless because I'm not taking the fall for you."

He finally hung up the phone.

"What was that about?"

"Nothing, go back to bed."

Hoseok didn't move. "Who was it?"

"No one."

Hoseok finally let go. Hyungwon was pissing him off by being mysterious and distant. "Why the hell are you being distant? I thought we were over this."

Hyungwon inhaled sharply, "I think I'm going to go home now. I'll see you at the office in the morning."

Without bidding him a goodbye, he quickly left the house. He shoved his hands in his jacket pocket the moment the cold wind hit his face. His head felt like it was spinning.

He walked aimlessly, not really wanting to return home either. He wanted to sleep, but feeling overwhelmed, he knew it wasn't happening.

Somehow, he found himself in front of his shared house with his best friend. He pulled out his keys from his pocket and unlocked the door.

"Changkyun, I think we have a problem."

- - - - - - - - -
Hoseok ran his hands through his hair as he sat next to Minhyuk. He was so pissed that Hyungwon decided to just leave. He was becoming more and more distant and Hoseok hated every second of it.

It was true, while Hoseok was attracted to not only Hyungwon's looks but also his shyness and personality, Hoseok couldn't deny he also felt strange feelings for the mysterious killer.

It was a dangerous plan, but he wanted to go home to see the killer again. He loved the feeling of danger, why else would he be a detective? Hoseok loved to live life on edge. While he loved Hyungwon's cuteness, he couldn't help but wonder what if the killer was actually a good guy.

He was sure he was an idiot with a high IQ.

He quietly began walking home, his head spinning with thoughts.

He was also sure he had a 50% chance dying that night. That was enough to have him walking out the door. He loved the thrill. It was like a rollercoaster, although he was terrified of heights, he wanted to ride this out.

It was a metaphor, and not a very good one.

Before he knew it, he had reached home. He inhaled sharply as he put his key in the doorknob.

But it was already unlocked.