Four

Thud.

Hoseok raised his head from his pillow and looked around. His alarm clock read 1:23 A.M. It was the day of the funeral and he was trying to get as much sleep as he could.

He heard a noise that sounded like someone messing with his doorknob.

What the hell?

Hoseok climbed out of bed and looked around for some kind of weapon. He was disappointed when he realised that his only weapon would be the knives in the kitchen. Someone was breaking in his house, he didn't have time to run to the kitchen. He had to hide.

He almost jumped when he heard the front door creeped open.

What the fuck, what the-

Then it hit him, someone was coming for him. He could hide, or he could face his fears and risk being murdered.

Hoseok quickly ran into the closet and closed the door softly. His heart was racing. All he could think was why he was so stupid to live alone when the killer was targeting people his age who was alone.

Please, please don't hurt me.

He held onto the doorknob tightly, hoping to keep it from being opened. He was shaking.

He heard his bedroom door open. Hoseok tried hard to hold in his breath.

I should've asked Kihyun to move in. I should've begged him. Now, I'm facing the consequences.

"Hoseok," a voice spoke through a voice disguiser. This guy was smart. He thought of everything. "Hoseok, I know you're in here."

Hoseok stopped breathing. The killer knew his name. The killer knew him. He was being targeted for chasing after him.

The footsteps came closer to the door. He suddenly felt the doorknob move against his hand. He tried hard to hold it and keep it from being opened.

"Oh, so you're in there? Come out, I'm not going to hurt you."

Hoseok knew he was stronger than him, but he felt himself giving into this guy's every demands. His fingers released the doorknob as he let out a breath.

The door crept open, revealing a man who wore a black plastic mask. Hoseok assumed on the other side of the mask was a voice disguiser. He wore a large black hoodie, jeans, and a beanie. He towered over Hoseok.

Long fingers that we concealed by black gloves wrapped themselves around Hoseok's wrist. With a rough tug, Hoseok fell out of the closet and onto the floor. He was trembling. The grip on his wrist was released.

The man in black crouched down next to Hoseok. With a finger, he tilted Hoseok's head up. The only light in the room was from the window. The moonlight reflected off of the mask.

"Hoseok, you look absolutely stunning tonight."

The killer is...in love with me?

Hoseok pushed the figure away and scrambled to stand up.

"Get the hell away from me!" He shouted.

The figure stood up and smacked Hoseok's face. Tears threatened to fall from the shorter's eyes as he ran his hand against the red spot.

"Don't you ever push me away like that," the man growled.

Hoseok felt so helpless. He wanted to call Kihyun or Minhyuk to help him. He wanted someone to be there and save him. He trembled as tears fell down his face.

He nodded and turned around to the window. He scanned the outside for someone, but the streets were empty.

I'm all alone.

Thin arms wrapped around him from behind. A head was on his shoulder.

"Hoseok, I didn't mean to hurt you. I panicked," the voice spoke softly, but it still sounded rough due to the disguiser.

"Who the hell are you?" Hoseok whispered.

Hoseok didn't push the arms away. He actually welcomed them. He leaned against the male's chest. He found it comforting. He was terrified out of his mind, and someone offered him a bit of comfort.

"I love you," a voice whispered in his ear.

Before he knew it, the arms deatched themselves from Hoseok and the male was gone. Hoseok blinked in confusion.

What the hell just happened?