Two

Hyungwon yawned sleepily, rubbing his eyes like a kid. He was exhausted. Covering both his and Kihyun's shifts was a nightmare. He glanced at the clock again.

It's only 8:00 P.M. Three more hours to go.

"Hyungwon," his co-worker, Kwangmin called. "Stop slacking off."

"I'm tired," he mumbled softly, but he stood up from his place and walked back behind the cash register.

There hadn't been anyone there for an hour, and Hyungwon was considering leaving. He couldn't though; Kihyun would kill him first. Besides, Kihyun got him the job in the first place.

He let his mind wonder back to the male with a pretty face and big arms. The card was securely in his pocket, but it had been a week since then. He kept the card with him just in case he got sick of his current job; right now he is considering quiting.

The card only indicated that Hoseok was a detective, his phone number, and the address of where he worked. Being the assistant to a detective didn't sound bad; in fact, Hyungwon was sure it had it's perks.

As if on cue, Hyungwon's phone rang, and with a sigh he answered it.

"Yes, Changkyun?"

He heard shuffling from the other end. "If I told you that you were an idiot, would you believe me?" His childhood friend asked.

"If I said I hate you, would you believe me?" He remarked.

"I just ran into that detective guy who you have a buisness card for. He is questioning anyone who just walks on the streets apparently. Anyways, just take the job. He was all alone, and you're in need of a new job."

Hyungwon glanced up at Kwangmin and recieved a glare back. "Okay, yeah. I'll call him back. See you tonight, Kyun."

He quickly hung up and pulled out the buisness card. He dialed the number.

"You know, you could get in serious trouble for calling during work?" Kwangmin stared at him.

"You know, you could get in serious trouble if you don't keep your mouth shut. Don't make me tell Kihyun about the time where you called him Tiny."

He hit the call button and pressed the phone against his ear. After a moment, he heard someone answer.

"Hello?"

Hyungwon felt anxiety bubble up; he was always bad with strangers. "I-if the offer is still open, I'd like to take your offer on the job."

"If you can meet me at the office in 15 minutes, the job is yours."

Without warning, Hyungwon hung up the phone. "Hi, I'm quiting."

Kwangmin simply watched him walk out the door and climb into his car.

Focus, Hyungwon. You know where the detective station is at. Just drive there.

The drive felt too short, and Hyungwon didn't even have all his thoughts together when he stumbled into the office. A sigh leaving his lips, he walked up to the receptionist.

She was pretty. Her orange hair was pulled up in a ponytail, and she wore a soft smile. Hyungwon temporarily wished he was straight.

"Hi, how can I help you?"

Hyungwon bit his lip.

Just speak.

"I- I need to speak with Hoseok."

Suddenly, Hoseok appeared. His black hair was pushed back, revealing his forehead. His black shirt was neatly tucked into skinny jeans, causing Hyungwon to unconsciously lick his lips at the sight of his exposed arms.

"Hyungwon, perfect timing. We have to go out to the field like, right now, so let's go. Do you have a car? You have to drive me around."

"Yeah." Hyungwon shyly took Hoseok's hand.

Hoseok threw him a confused glance, but he let Hyungwon take him to the car.

After they both got in, Hyungwon spoke up. "Where are we headed?"

"Hyungwon, I know you're shy, but I'm gonna need you to talk a little louder," Hoseok laughed.

Hyungwon blushed and started the car. "Where are we headed?" He mumbled, not speaking much louder than before.

Hoseok told him the address of the victim's house.

"Hyungwon, why are you so quiet?"

The brunette's face turned red. "Um- I'm shy."

They fell into a comfortable silence, Hyungwon driving and Hoseok watching him. The car was dark, considering it was late, and Hoseok almost fell asleep.

Soon, they arrived at the scene. The taller quietly followed Hoseok inside. It was mostly empty besides 2 police officers.

Stepping into the bedroom, Hoseok saw that there was no signs of a struggle, just a giant stain of blood on the white sheets and blankets.

"I heard of this," Hyungwon whispered as Hoseok put on gloves. "It's a serial killer who kills men in their 20's."

Hoseok nodded, suprised that Hyungwon is so observant.

The detective looked underneath the bed, finding nothing. The killer left no clues. There was no hair, no cloth; nothing to go on. It was another dead end.

One of the police officers shook his head. "How the hell can someone do this? They just meaninglessly kill someone! I mean, what the hell! These peope are still young! They have years ahead of them. What makes you want to end a life?"

"We don't really know the motive," Hoseok confessed, catching Hyungwon's attention. "He might just like to kill."

Hoseok quietly examed the room a few times, finding nothing. Since they didn't struggle, it must have been someone that the victim knew or was familiar with. None of the victims seemed to struggle, which left Hoseok completely confused.

"Damn it, there's nothing! There were no cameras or anything." Hoseok pulled off the gloves to run his hands through his hair.

He was beyond frustrated. Usually, he could find a clue or something from the crime scene, but he couldn't find anything.

"It's okay, you'll get him," Hyungwon quietly encouraged him.

"Yeah," Hoseok smiled, comforted by the younger believing in him. Hoseok's phone started to vibrate, so he quickly answered.

"Hoseok, there's another victim. He was killed a few hours ago. Get over here." Minhyuk spoke on the other side.

Hoseok hung up without another word.

"Hyungwon, I forgot to mention. When we have a case, this job becomes a 24 hour job. You sleep, eat, and breathe every second with me until we catch this guy. Got it?"

Hyungwon's eyes widden. "Yeah."

He pulls out his phone to send a message.

To: Changkyun
I need you to do me a huge favor.
And trust me, it's nothing too hard.