Sixteen

Hoseok dropped the last box into Hyunwoo's apartment. He turned to the taller male and flashed a smile.

"Thanks for letting me stay here."

Hyunwoo placed a hand on his shoulder. "We were all worried. I'm glad for you to be back and I'd like to keep an eye on you."

Minhyuk wrapped his arms around Hyunwoo from behind and pouted, annoyed that no one was paying attention to him. "Yeah, it's nice for you to be back. You never explained what really happened."

Hoseok faked a smile. He could never tell them what really happened. He couldn't talk about Changkyun kidnapping him. He couldn't explain the situation with Hyungwon. He couldn't tell them that it took a month to beg them to free him.

He remembered his conversation with Hyungwon the night before.

Long fingers found their way to Hoseok's hair and pulled sharply. "Are you listening?"

Hoseok nodded and leaned closer in an attempt to kiss him, causing him to get pulled back by his hair.

"Hoseok, are you listening?" Hyungwon repeated softer this time.

Hoseok let out a whimper.

Hyungwon released his hair and petted his head. "Be a good boy for me, okay?"

"O-okay."

Hyungwon leaned closer to Hoseok's lips, but didn't touch them. "Are you going to be good?"

Hoseok shivered at the feel of Hyungwon's breath against his lips. "Y-yes. I'll be good."

"You're going to do exactly as I say, okay baby?"

Hoseok leaned in and closed the gap in between them. Hyungwon didn't let it last long before he pulled away and sat up correctly.

Hyungwon smiled."You're going to tell everyone that you needed a break from the case, so you left. You went to another country for a while. You're going to pretend nothing happened. You're going to pretend you know nothing about the case. If you turn me or Kyunnie in, I'll ruin you."

Hoseok crawled into his lap and nodded. "I won't. I'll be a good boy."

"You promise?"

Hoseok nodded enthusiastically. "I promise."

Hoseok was amazed how Hyungwon could change him. Hyungwon always made him beg and feel smaller. He wanted to make Hyungwon happy, but part of him wanted to break Hyungwon down and want his affection for once.

He loved Hyungwon, that much he was sure of. He loved Hyungwon before he was kidnapped and after it too.

"I needed a break. The case was too much."

Hyunwoo stared at him questionably. "You never back down from a case. You always push forward."

"This guy is just too good," Hoseok sighed.

Minhyuk quickly changed the subject when he noticed Hoseok getting upset. "Oh hey, is your other assistant still around or did you fire him when you got back?"

"Yeah. He was actually planning on coming over tonight. He wanted to help me get settled in."

"Sleepover!" Minhyuk shouted a bit too loudly.

"Sure," Hyunwoo easily gave in. "Sure, let's have a sleepover. Remember that we have work in the morning."

As Hoseok watched the scene of Minhyuk carefully laying out blankets and Hyunwoo searching for a movie, Changkyun and Jooheon crossed his mind.

He didn't know either very well, but he related to Jooheon. Jooheon would do anything for Changkyun. He kept his secret, he obeyed him, and he even let Changkyun push him around. It was a strange relationship, yet it reminded him of his and Hyungwon's undefined relationship. He always listened to Hyungwon obediently and he loved him despite being shoved around.

It wasn't normal. No, it would even be considered toxic, but the feeling was addicting. Maybe part of him loved whenever Hyungwon hurt him. He loved being powerless, but there was a fine line between being powerless and being utterly controlled. Hyungwon was starting to cross the line.

He wasn't sure when Hyungwon even got there, but the second a familar weight fell onto his hip, he felt at home. Hyungwon gently allowed his thumb to slide under Hoseok's shirt and rub his soft skin on his hip.

Hoseok felt like his skin was on fire. He wanted Hyungwon's attention on him. He wanted Hyungwon to praise him for being so obedient. He wanted Hyungwon to shower him in kisses and tell him he's okay. It wasn't in a sexual manner, more of a needy domestic desire.

Hyungwon continued his conversation with Hyunwoo. "Yeah, I'm really glad Hoseok is back. Working on searching for him was making me tired."

Hyunwoo laughed. "Now that he's back, you two can finally get back to the case."

Hoseok felt lightheaded. He's lying to everyone. They don't know the killer is standing in the same room. They don't know that he was kidnapped. They don't know anything about Hyungwon. Hoseok knew everything.

The grip on his hip tightened, almost warning him to keep his mouth shut. It caused him to let out a whimper. If Hyunwoo noticed, it didn't show.

"Anyways, I'm going to go grab a few beers. You guys can settle down on the couch."

Hyungwon and Hoseok sat on the couch. Minhyuk sat on the floor with his back pressed against the couch. His wide eyes focused on the movie.

Hyungwon threw his arm around Hoseok's shoulder and leaned close to his ear. "Such a good boy, aren't you?" He softly kissed Hoseok's temple.

Hoseok immediately leaned into him, wanting to drown himself in Hyungwon's scent. "Hyungwon?" He spoke shyly, avoiding his gaze.

Hyungwon hummed, waiting for him to continue.

"I love you. Can I kiss you?"

Hyungwon smiled and kissed him as a response. It was short. They'd have time to be slow and closer when they were alone. "I love you too, bunny."

Hoseok almost choked on air at the nickname. He was pretty sure he never wanted Hyungwon to call him by his actual name again.

Hyunwoo returned from the kitchen with four beers and handed them out. He sat on the couch and Minhyuk shuffled on the floor to sit in between his legs, receiving his hair being petted.

Hoseok wanted to point out that Hyunwoo was an alcoholic, but with Hyungwon pressed so close to his side, he forgot how to form words.

They fell asleep like that. A mess of bodies and limbs. Hoseok was sure he had never been happier in his life.