Seventeen

"Oh," Hoseok sighed.

Minhyuk sipped his coffee. "It was a rough night. I told him not to come to my house if he was drunk. Maybe we should just break up."

"I think, if you really love someone, you can forget their flaws." Hoseok stared at the boy in front of him. "It doesn't matter if they are an alcholic, criminal, drug addict, poor, or have a mental illness. It doesn't matter, Minhyuk. If you love someone, you stick by their side."

Minhyuk nodded, understanding his words. "Even if he is an alcoholic, I should work past that? He pushes me around when he is drunk, how am I-"

The detective shook his head. "He's sick. If you really love him, you won't leave him."

"He's not sick, Hoseok. Something is wrong with him. He won't stop drinking," Minhyuk glanced around the cafe before focusing back on Hoseok.

"Being an alchoholic is an illness."

Minhyuk watched him closely. "Is this about Hyungwon? I feel like something is wrong with him...mentally."

"Hyungwon...he's a really great guy," Hoseok smiled softly before frowning. "He's just a little messed up."

Minhyuk reached over to adjust Hoseok's tie. They had to go back to work soon. "Is that why you want me to fight for Hyunwoo?"

Hoseok held back a smile. "Yeah. We can fight together."

Minhyuk stood up from the table. "Let's get back to work, okay? You've got a murderer to find."

Hoseok felt sick, but faked a smile. "Let's get 'em."

Hoseok and Minhyuk walked happily back to their work building. They were greeted by an angry Hyungwon standing outside of it. A cigarette was in his right hand. It was lit and already halfway gone. He made eye contact with Hoseok.

"Where were you, bunny?" He asked softly, much nicer than Hoseok expected.

Hoseok felt his heart break at his words as he stared into sad eyes.

"Out. Are you having a rough day?"

Hyungwon nodded and dropped the cigarette on the ground. "Changkyun and Jooheon are fighting, so Changkyun is going on a bit of a rampage."

"Well it's noon, so you'll get to go home really soon."

Hyungwon shrugged and shoved his hands in his pockets. "When I go home, I have to see Changkyun."

Minhyuk slipped back inside the building, leaving the two alone.

"Do you want to go for a ride to clear your head?" Hoseok asked.

"Stop trying to baby me," Hyungwon growled.

Oh.

"I'm sorry, what?" Hoseok shook his head.

Hyungwon leaned closer and whispered in his ear. "You're my property, Shin Hoseok. You don't get to baby me. I own you."

Hoseok didn't want to admit it, but being treated like a pet was a huge turn on.

"O-okay."

Hyungwon kissed his nose. "You're such a good boy, aren't you bunny?"

He quickly nodded.

Hyungwon continued. "We need to talk tonight. Meet me at my house, not my apartment, tonight at 9. Do you remember where it's at baby boy?"

Hoseok smiled proudly. "Yes!"

Hyungwon patted his head. "Good boy."

- - - -

Hoseok stood in front of the small house and sighed. Even from outside, he heard Hyungwon yelling at Changkyun. He felt bad for Hyungwon. He assumed something was really wrong with him, so he couldn't help but feel the need to assist him and make him feel better.

"Hyungwon?" He called as he knocked on the door.

The voice fell quiet and he heard shuffling before the door opened. Hyungwon stood there, his hair a mess and a black eye slowly forming on his face. His lip was bleeding and the blood fell all the way down his chin.

"Hoseok," he attempted to smile, but wincing when his lip began to sting. "I'm glad you came."

Hoseok walked inside past Hyungwon, annoyed at Changkyun for laying his hands on Hyungwon.

"Changkyun, I-"

Changkyun sat on the couch, face blank and unfocused eyes. The moment Hoseok saw him, he knew something was up.

Hyungwon closed the door and walked over next to Hoseok. "He's like this sometimes. It's not really him. He spaces out and tries to hurt anyone and anything. Usually I can talk him out of it, but I think he just needs Jooheon."

Hoseok was amazed at how strong Hyungwon really was. He was forced to deal with a psycho friend, balance a job, handle Hoseok, and keep up with killing people. He admired Hyungwon for that. He was brave and strong, both qualites Hoseok lacked. Sure, Hoseok fought criminals on a daily basis and he was smart, but he could never deal with Changkyun, he was too afraid.

"Jooheon's probably at his apartment," Hoseok sighed. All he wanted to do was spend time alone with Hyungwon.

"Hey," Hyungwon said with a low warning voice. "Friends come first."

Hoseok nodded. Hyungwon made him feel like a small child sometimes. Maybe that was what Hyungwon liked to do. He liked to make everyone feel small. Sure, Hoseok could get used to it. He could get used to all of Hyungwon's weird habits. If anything, he would be more than happy to introduce Hyungwon into the rest of his life.

But Hoseok wanted a future. He wanted to get married. He wanted kids. He wanted to live happily ever after. At the state Hyungwon was in, he was left wondering if he could ever get that with him.

"Don't pout," Hyungwon laughed and leaned down to kiss him quickly. "I promise we'll get alone time too."

I think, if you really love someone, you can forget their flaws.

"Promise?" Hoseok tugged on Hyungwon's arm.

"I already said I did," Hyungwon giggled a bit and wrapped his long arms around Hoseok to bring him close to his chest.

Hyungwon rested his head on top of Hoseok's and kissed the top of his head. "We'll be okay, Hoseok. Stop worrying. I'll make time for you. I'm not going to forget you."

Hoseok leaned closer against him. "Then, stop worrying I'm going to turn you in. You're safe with me, Hyungwon." He paused. "I do have one request though."

"Baby boy, didn't I say you aren't allowed to order me around," Hyungwon slipped his hands underneath Hoseok's t-shirt to gently run his fingers up and down his spine.

Hoseok shivered. "It's a suggestion. I think you should get help. You don't have to tell them you like to kill people, but please get help. You need a therapist, Hyungwon."

Hyungwon dug his nails into Hoseok back. "You're going to stay, aren't you?"

"Yes, you just need help. Please."

Hyungwon inhaled before hugging Hoseok as tight as he could without stopping his breathing. "Okay."

Hoseok smiled to himself. Maybe they did have a future after all.