Fourteen

"He promised," Hoseok whined.

"I know," Jooheon forced a smile. "He promised. He's going to be here."

"What does really soon even mean? He's not coming. It's going to be sad and lonely again tonight."

Changkyun groaned from the other side of the couch. He couldn't believe Jooheon actually convinced him to let Hoseok into the rest of the house. They were seated in the living room, but all Hoseok wanted to do was talk about Hyungwon. He had the option to watch TV or sleep comfortably, but he was choosing to speak.

Jooheon flashed him a glare before turning back to comfort Hoseok. "He'll be here. He's going to be here."

Changkyun rolled his eyes. "Ever thought that Hyungwon doesn't care?"

"Changkyun, don't," Jooheon warned. "Don't say stuff like that."

Hoseok shook his head. "He's right. You know, maybe it's better this way. I think maybe you guys should just kill me. Better yet, get me a knife and I'll kill myself."

"Are you seriously losing your mind over a guy?" Changkyun stood up from his spot on the couch.

"Hey Changkyun, shut the fuck up. No one cares what you think. You fucking kidnapped him. I can deal with you swinging knives at me, but you do not get to kidnap a guy and then make fun of him." Jooheon patted Hoseok's hand and stood up as well.

"Are you trying to tell me something, Jooheon?"

"Yeah, yeah, I am."

Changkyun shoved Jooheon back by the shoulders. "Speak up then. Are you saying it was my fucking choice to do this? It's on Hyungwon! I didn't decide to fall in love and let that get in the way. I told you the fucking truth. I didn't kidnap you. Shut the fuck up and mind your own business."

Jooheon laughed coldly. "Are you even in love with me? Do you even love me, Changkyun? Who do you even think I am? It's always games with you." Jooheon turned around and walked over to Hoseok. "Come on, you're coming with me."

Hoseok slowly extended his hand for Jooheon to take, allowing himself to be pulled outside.

The ground hurt underneath Hoseok's bare feet. They never gave him socks or shoes. He was usually given black large t-shirts and black shorts. It was always the same thing. It felt like prison.

The sun felt nice on his skin despite the fact that the sidewalk hurt his feet. He barely managed to keep up with Jooheon's pace, too distacted by the outside world. He missed the colors of nature.

He mindlessly followed Jooheon, who said nothing. Hoseok decided he was happy. He missed Hyungwon, he missed all of his friends, but he was happy. He wasn't locked up anymore.

He was free.

Jooheon led Hoseok up to an apartment door and angrily knocked.

"Open up, Changkyun has my key."

There was no response. Jooheon quickly turned to Hoseok.

"Technicall Changkyun and Hyungwon, we share this apartment and the house. Usually Hyungwon is the one in the apartment though. I have my own house." He paused. "Can you try to get him to open it?"

Hoseok nodded and turned to knock softly. "Hyungwon, please open up. You promised I could see you."

They heard quiet shuffling around before the door opened. Hyungwon's brunette hair was messy, sticking up in many places. He wore a loose black sweater and tight jeans.

He looked exhausted as he tried to rub the sleep out of his eyes. "Hoseok, Jooheon. Why are you here?" He spoke softly.

Hoseok smiled to himself. Hyungwon looked soft like this, not like a killer, but the boy who shyly attached himself to Hoseok.

Jooheon rolled his eyes. "Well, Changkyun thinks it's cool to kidnap people and be rude. I'm not even sure if he loves me. Also, Hoseok missed you."

"Come inside," Hyungwon stepped aside, allowing the pair to walk inside.

The apartment was small and plain. It had a living room with a TV and a couch, but it was nothing amazing. Hoseok silently decided when Hyungwon decides he can live here, he's going to make the place happier.

Hyungwon closed the door and sat on the end of the couch. Jooheon sat on the other end. Hoseok sat next to Hyungwon as close as he could without being in his lap.

Hyungwon put an arm around him and laughed. "Hey, it's okay. I'm right here."

Hoseok nodded. He wished he could read Hyungwon's mind. What if Hyungwon was just using him? What if he was just a toy?

Jooheon released a loud sigh. "Do you really think Changkyun actually loves me?"

"I think you're an idiot."

The other laughed. "Yeah, falling in love with a crazy guy was never my idea of fun."

"Yeah well life isn't great for me either."

Hoseok looked over, concerned. "Are you okay?"

Hyungwon lowered his voice. "It just wasn't supposed to happen like this. If Changkyun wouldn't have kidnapped you, my life would be a lot easier."

"Yeah, a lot of things are Changkyun's fault," Jooheon mumbled.

"He said it would be okay if you guys let me go. He said that as long as you stay close that it'll be fine. I promise I won't tell anyone, I just really want to go home," Hoseok begged.

"Look, it's not that easy."

Jooheon stood up and threw the closest thing to him, a lamp, at Hyungwon. It hit the side of his face, causing it to break and the side of Hyungwon's face to bleed. It was mostly small cuts, but it didn't bother Jooheon.

"No, you don't understand! I'm like Hoseok! I'm normal. I don't get the desire to kill people. I'm not fucking insane! Think about someone other than yourself! I've stood by you guys since I met Changkyun. I've let you push me around, I let you guys do all kinds of weird shit to me. But Hoseok? Hoseok doesn't deserve this. If he wants to leave, then let him fucking leave."

Hyungwon wiped the blood from his face using the sleeve of his sweater. "Jooheon, if you don't want to be close to us, then you can fucking leave."

Hoseok whimpered softly. He was terrified. The arguement was escalating to violence and he definitely didn't want to get hurt.

"It's okay," Hyungwon whispered before kissing his forehead.

Jooheon ran a hand through his hair. Hyungwon watched as tears fell from his face. "I love him. I love him so much. I can't leave."

"Then don't."

Hoseok inhaled sharply before speaking. "Hyungwon, can I talk to you? Alone?"