Six

Hyungwon sat across from Hoseok, quietly sipping his milkshake. He fumbled with his jacket sleeve, avoiding the older's stare.

"I know you've had a really tough day, but my boss wanted me to do this."

Hyungwon shook his head before whispering, "It's not that you want to know me. It's that we are in a public place."

Hoseok suddenly understood. The male seemed to be uncomfortable from day one. At the coffee shop, even as an employee, he would stand awkwardly and whisper responses. He was really shy, making Hoseok wonder if he had some sort of anxiety disorder.

"Do you want to go back to my house?"

Hyungwon flashed a soft smile and nodded enthusiastically. Hoseok was silently thankful they had chosen to walk to the funeral, giving them more time to just enjoy each other's presence before they got to Hoseok's house to begin the questioning.

Hoseok stood up and motioned for Hyungwon to follow him. The shy boy immediately wrapped one arm around Hoseok's, his free hand holding his milkshake. Hoseok tried really hard not to laugh at how cute and child-like the younger was, even if he was practically a giant.

The walk to Hoseok's house was quiet and peaceful. Hyungwon practically fell asleep while walking and leaning his head on Hoseok's shoulder. At one point, Hoseok had given up and just decided to carry they younger on his back.

Hoseok sat down on the couch, laughing at the fact that Hyungwon had refused to let him go. He was fast asleep and still connected to his back. Hoseok pryed his hands off of his neck and sat beside him. He softly shook the other.

Hyungwon's eyes sleepily opened. "I want to sleep," he mumbled.

He wrapped his arms around Hoseok's neck and climbed in his lap. Thin legs wrapped themselves around his waist. His head fell on Hoseok's shoulder. Hoseok smiled. He was a bit confused why the male was so attached to him. He ultimately decided to let him sleep though. He could always question him once he decided to wake up.

It took a few hours of Hoseok watching tv for Hyungwon to finally lift up his head. He blinked sleepily before resting his head back down.

"No, you have to get up," Hoseok argued as he rubbed the younger's back in an attempt to coax him to wake up.

In Hoseok's opinion, Hyungwon was a giant baby. He slept a lot, didn't speak much, and apparently was strangely attatched to Hoseok. It made his heart flutter and feel like it was going to burst out of his chest. He really wished he could sit around forever with Hyungwon like that, but he had to get the background on him that Hyunwoo wanted so he could stay around. Not only that, but Hoseok really wanted to know him.

Hoseok's attempt failed, only resulting in Hyungwon moving closer. Hoseok just breathed in the familiar strawberry scent of Hyungwon's hair. He really didn't want to wake the younger up.

"Hyungwon, you need to get up," Hoseok mumbled half-heartily. The male was so cute snuggled up to Hoseok. "You can sleep later, okay?"

The younger unwrapped his limbs from Hoseok. He stood up, only to be so tired to fall back down. He really was like a small child.

Hoseok laughed and ran his hand through the other's hair. "I'll make you some food, okay?"

After dinner, Hoseok finally decided to start his questioning.

"How old are you?"

The younger threw himself on the couch next to Hoseok. "23."

"Are you in school?"

Hyungwon shook his head. "No, I dropped out of college because of..." He decided not to finish his sentence.

Hoseok placed a hand on Hyungwon's thigh. "Why?"

Hyungwon pulled his sweater sleeves over his fingers as he thought of how to word it. "I have social anxiety."

Hoseok already assumed that much. The male was very shy and in social situations, his hands always clung to Hoseok in some way.

"Where are your parents?"

Hyungwon quietly played with the older's fingers, refusing to answer the question. He just shook his head.

"Are they dead?"

Hyungwon nodded. It really was a one-sided conversation.

"Have you ever commited a crime?"

Hyungwon shook his head. He moved closer and rested his head against Hoseok's shoulder. His eyes struggled to stay open.

"Why are you so sleepy?" Hoseok laughed as he wrapped his arm around the younger's waist.

Sleep took over the younger and Hoseok sighed. Hyunwoo was going to be disappointed.

Hoseok reached for his phone and checked his messages.

24 missed calls from Minhyuk

Hoseok quickly called back and waited to for him to pick up.

Almost immediately, there was a soft voice that was normally loud. "Hoseok?"

"Minhyuk, are you okay?"

"Something is wrong...Meet me at Hyunwoo's house."

"What the-"

Minhyuk quickly hung up the phone. Hoseok sighed and leaned his head on the younger's.

He didn't want to get up. He wanted to sleep with Hyungwon forever, but he could sense something was wrong.

- - - -
Minhyuk ran his hands through his hair as he paced back and forth. He was panicking. If only he decided to go straight home. If he went straight home instead of deciding to finally confess his longtime crush on Hyunwoo, he'd be home and wouldn't be in this situation.

He took a glance at the living room again.

He couldn't believe what he had done.