Three

The drive to the latest murder scene was quiet. Hyungwon's grip on the steering wheel was so tight that his knuckles were white. He had been biting his lip and not daring to look at Hoseok. The detective wondered what changed.

Within 5 minutes, they reached the house. Hoseok suddenly realised how smart the killer was. He made sure to attack males who lived in houses, not apartments with cameras. This way, it would be impossible for someone to discover him.

One step ahead of me at all times, hm?

The pair quietly walked through the door. They were led by Hyunwoo to the kitchen. A male's body was on the kitchen table, blood surronding him. His throat was slit, seeming that it was the cause of his death. Tape marked the outline of his body, but it hadn't been moved yet. They were waiting for the top detective to glance at him.

"Run all labs on him and look for finger prints. Get him out of here," the detective ordered. He didn't really have much of a use for the body.

"Who the hell is this?" Hyunwoo boomed, motioning to the shy boy who had now wrapped his arms around Hoseok's left arm.

"Hyungwon. My new assistant."

Hoseok used his free hand to pat the taller boy. Hyungwon was comforted enough to release him and step away. It was strange how attached he was to Hoseok like a shy and scared child.

Hoseok took one last glance at Hyungwon while he put on rubber gloves. "You're not going to throw up because of a little blood, are you?"

Hyungwon shook his head. "I'm studying to be a surgeon."

Hoseok nodded and began to take a closer look at the scene. As usual, it was clean. No finger prints, no clothing scraps. The killer knew exactly what he was doing.

Hyunwoo watched him as he paced. He was beyond frustrated. He finally had a criminal that challeged his intelligence.

"Hoseok, they are calling him Jack the Ripper Part 2," Hyunwoo informed him.

"Why?" Hyungwon quietly whispered.

"Because we can't catch him. They think he's as intelligent as Jack the Ripper and as crazy. The public is freaking out."

Hoseok stopped pacing to look at the other two. "I'm gonna catch him, okay? We are going to spy on the graveyard to see if he will put down a note. He always puts notes on the gravestones, so we will for sure catch him!"

He watched as Hyungwon trembled, but he couldn't reach out to comfort him.

Hyunwoo smiled. "Now, that sounds like my top detective."

"In the mean time before the funeral, I'm going to relax. I suggest you do the same. Hyungwon, can you drive me home?"

Hyungwon nodded. He reached out his hand for Hoseok to take it. Hoseok threw his rubber gloves to the ground and intertwined their fingers. It seemed to calm Hyungwon down.

This guy is the most anxious person I've ever seen.

They got in the car and Hyungwon took directions from Hoseok to his house.

"I have to admit, I'm scared," Hyungwon whispered.

"Of what?" Hoseok reached over to put his hand on Hyungwon's thigh. He gave it a light squeeze.

Such a boyfriend move, but at least it seemed to relax him. I wonder if he's used to his boyfriend doing this.

Is he even gay? What am I thinking!?

"What if they target me?" Hyungwon whispered.

Hoseok rubbed his thumb in circles on the younger's thigh. "Just don't live alone or walk alone at night."

"Is that his patterns?" Hyungwon glanced over at Hoseok.

"He targets people in houses or places without cameras. He's smart. Man, he's amazing."

"Sounds like you're in love with the guy," Hyungwon laughed.

"It's hard to find someone that smart. He is just interesting. He's insanely smart. His IQ must be better than mine! Maybe its a weird crush," Hoseok chuckled as he tried to picture the killer.

"That's crazy. He's probably an old man. Oh, we're here."

Hoseok blinked and looked at the familar house.

"See you at the funeral on Wednesday at 9. From there, we are gonna find this guy," Hoseok spoke proudly.

With that, he climbed out of the car and went inside. He shut the door behind him.

Hyungwon's right. I shouldn't be crushing on a serial killer.