Eighteen

Hyungwon nervously bounced his leg. Hoseok had never seen him this nervous since the first time they went to a crime scene. His breathing was uneven and he was turning Hoseok's hand white by how hard he was squeezing it.

"I'll go in there with you. It'll be okay."

Hyungwon shook his head and moved closer to Hoseok on the couch. They were waiting for the therapist to call Hyungwon's name and it was nerve wracking.

"What if they figure out I've killed someone?" Hyungwon whispered.

He whined loudly when Hoseok pulled his hand away. Hoseok had to admit, he enjoyed Hyungwon being clingy at times. Hyungwon reached over with grabby hands, like a small child demanding his toys back. He ended up holding tightly onto Hoseok's black buttoned shirt.

Hoseok sighed. "They won't. I'll be right there. You're doing this for me, remember? For us?"

Hyungwon nodded and licked his lips. "You'll be right there," he softly repeated.

The door opened and a short woman with blonde hair pulled up in a ponytail appeared. She wore a black mini-skirt and a white blouse.

"Chae Hyungwon?"

Hyungwon quickly stood up and dragged Hoseok with him.

She led them down a hall with motivational quotes on the walls. Hyungwon wanted to laugh and make fun of them, but he couldn't seem to form words. He searched for Hoseok's hand, and Hoseok allowed him to hold it after he promised not to try to break his hand.

The stepped into a small room with two bookshelves filled with therapy books, a small couch, and a chair across from the couch. Hoseok sat on the couch with Hyungwon pressed up against him.

"It's okay. I'm right here," Hoseok whispered.

He found it kinda funny. He remembered Hyungwon saying it to him over a month ago.

Hyungwon pulled his hoodie off and motioned for Hoseok to life his arms. Hoseok allowed Hyungwon to put the hoodie on him.

"I bet it gets cold down here at night, huh?" Hyungwon sat down next to Hoseok on the bed.

Hoseok crawled closer and tears formed in his eyes as he nodded. "Hyungwon, I want to go home. You're never here and Changkyun is really scary!"

Hyungwon patted his head. "Hoseok, you're a big boy. Act like it for me, okay?"

Hoseok nodded his head quickly. "I'm scared."

"I know. No one is going to hurt you while I'm around. You mean the world to me. It's okay. right here. I'm not leaving."

Hoseok sniffled and smiled sadly.

"Hey," Hyungwon kissed his forehead. "Let's get you some ramen, okay?"

The therapist smiled. "I assume the scared one is Hyungwon? Hi, I'm Taeyeon. What brings you here today?"

Hyungwon wanted Hoseok to absorb him. He inched closer, but he received a warning glance from Hoseok. Reluctantly, he moved back over, allowing an inch between them and their intertwined hands on Hoseok's thigh.

"I think I'm crazy."

She nodded, but her smile never faltered. "Well, what happens in this room, stays in this room."

That was how Hyungwon spent the next hour describing his desire to see blood and hurt others. She just listened intently and offered few words. By the end, she didn't even seem suprised. She gave him anger management methods and they scheduled an appointment for the next week.

Hoseok stayed back as Hyungwon went to start the car. He watched her carefully.

"You seem so open to being okay with him being like this. Does this happen often?" Hoseok asked, leaning against the wall.

Taeyeon smiled brightly. "I think your boyfriend has Antisocial Personality Disorder. It's too early to know for sure, but I think with proper help, he'll be okay. There's no cure, but there are medicines we can try."

Hoseok sighed in relief before walking back to the car and getting in on the passenger's side. "Do you feel better?"

"Thank you, Hoseok, for all that you do. I know I push you around a lot, but I've never actually wanted to protect someone before I met you. I've never felt like this before. I'd kill someone for you."

And that was by far the most terrifying and romantic thing Hyungwon had said yet.