Just A Dream

Allie's P.O.V

We got to the hospital three hours agao, and here we are. STill sitting in this fucking waiting room while my baby is dying and I can't even be there to say goodbye to him. What kind of mother am I? How did this happen to my baby!?

I felt arms go around me from the side. I looked over to see Luke. I cuddled my head into him and let the tears fall, I have been crying since I sang that song on TV, but now it has jut gotten ten times worse. I feel like there is a bullet in my heart.

"Where is the family of Lucas Irwin?" A doctor, in about his mid-thirties asked walking into the room. I didn't have the strength to talk, so I nudge Luke to let him know to do it.

"We're right here sir." Luke said. The doctor gave us a small smile. Why the fuck are you smiling? My child is dying, that is not a happy moment, so stop smiling you asshole.

"I hate to be the one to tell you this, I hate having to give parents and family thi skind of news." He said with a sigh. "Lucas has a tumor in his brain, it isn't very big and we should be able to get it out as long as you let us take him into surgery." He continued.

"He what?" Ashto asked hocked.

"Don't worry, the surgery has about a 90% chance of his survival, as long as we have enough of his blood type here. Do you know what type he has?" He asked us.

"He has AB+" Calum said. I was surprised he remembered that, considering I kinda kicked him aside for awile.  

"Oh that could be aproblem, we just used the majority of AB+ that we had for an open heart surgery. Do you know of anyone who has AB+ that you be willing to donate some for your son?" I shook my head, so Did Ash, Luke and Calum. Dut Mikey just smiloed.

"I have AB+. I'll donate to the little guy. He is my nephew after all." Mikey said. The doctor nodded.

"Alright come with me young man. What's your name?" He asked so he could wtrite it down on his clip board.

"Michael Clifford"

"Are you eighteen? If not we can't allow you to donate with out contacting your parents first."

"I am eighteen."

"Alright, well you are this child's hero. Follow me."

Before they walked of Mikey came over to hug me. I hugged him back and kissed his cheek. He then hugged Calum, and then Luke. Ashton came last, he stood up and pulled Mikey into his arm so hard it could have caused a fucking earthquake.

"Thank you for being my sons hero Mikey. I will never forget what you're doing for us!" Ashton said. Mikey squeezed him one last time before walking away with the doctor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After another few hours of waiting, I managed to take a nap on Luke's shoulder, Ashton's lap and I have Calum's flannel shirt on as a blanket. 

I don't have any idea how long it's been, I just hope my baby comes out okay.

"Mr. Irwin, Mr. Hood, Mr. Hemmings, and Miss Hemmings?" A nurse, she looked about, maybe twenty three, fresh out of school, came into the room. I sat up and looked at her.

"Your son is out of surgery now. His uncle is in the room with him now, if you head up to the fourth floor, he is in room 716. It's the eighth door down the hall on the left." SHe spoke. She gave me a sympathetic smile before walking out.

The five of us waisted no time going up to Lucas's room.

When we got up there I saw Mikey with his hand in Lucas's little cot, holding onto his little fingers. We were all about to walk in but Luke stopped me and held a finger up his lips. He mouthed the word listen at me, so I did.

"Now little buddy, I may be your hero but it is gonna take more then me to keep you here. You are gonna be our little fighter right? Yeah you are, you're gonna be a fighter just like your mummy and daddy huh. I have tons of stories about your daddy to tell you when your older." Mikey started saying to him.

"The struggles you are having now are just setting you up for the strength you will get down the line a little bit. When you reach highschool, that's a longtime away but, people will possibly bully you, or your friends. If they do it to you, just keep your head up because God gives the hardest battles to his strongest soldiers." Jeez, Mikey getting touch on me. I don't know if I can take it. First he basically saves my sons life now he is telling him all this cute shit.

My heart is going to explode!

"Now, your mummy kept asking why this had to happen to you, well here is your answer Lucas. This happened to you because God gave you this life. He gave you this life knowing you were strong enough to live it. You are strong enough to get through whatever he throws your way." Mikey said. Luke nudged me and told me to go in there, so I walked towards him.

"You are gonna make a great father when the time comes Michael." I said sitting down next to him. He chuckled quietly and smiled.

"Thanks Allie." Mikey said.

"And what you just said to him, even though he probably can't understand a damn word, it was touching and we will tell him the same thing when he is older. He is our little fighter, I know he will be okay in the end."