-32-

I stand and brush the imaginary dirt from my jeans just as I hear a snicker from behind me. "You really believe that you, you Pete mother-fucking Wentz, will be able to escape  your own mind." I turn and my breath catches in my throat as I see the version of myself in front of me. His skin is grey and big horns curl out from his forehead his eyes shine a vibrant green as he smirks at me with sharp fangs. "Honestly it is something I would pay to see."

"You know what you do not need to be a dick to him he wants to escape, I do not want to be stuck here with your ugly ass for the rest of eternity." My eyes flicker over to this new version of me... that weirdly looks a lot like me now white wings stretched out behind him a leather jacket on and tight black pants. His hair is pretty crazy, which is the only thing that really separates him from what I look like now. Except he is clearly younger.

He looks over at me and must see the confusion written on my face. "Oh I am you from around like 1990ish or so, I am not really sure myself. I am you right as you and Patrick were trying to plan your great escape together."

"But I didn't turn back human until 2000's," I say and he just shrugs it off.

"Angel years fly by when you been around for thousands of years." and I gasp.

"Thousands of years?" I almost whisper and his eyes lock onto me.

"They really did a number on you Pete, jeez they wiped you clean, didn't they?" He shakes his head. "Pete you do not need to look within yourself like some Dr. Phil episode you need to look into yourself and pull out the power that is within yourself. You have always had it, even when you believed you were 'human' no ordinary angel cuts off their own wings and gets away with it. You have been here before, you escaped it then you can escape it again now." He walks closer as he says this and it is a bit odd to be nose to nose with yourself. "Find it, Pete, drag it out kicking and screaming if you must but that power is in you, you have been too weak until now to see it. You had it and then when you lost Patrick that first time you lost it. You were like a child who broke its toy and just threw it away. You know why you couldn't touch him? Because you built it in your head that when you touch him he gets hurt. It was you, you caused that pain to be there." Suddenly he morphs in front of me his outfit and demeanor changing until I recognize the outfit from when I first got beamed into this place. This version glows so bright light illuminates the room. "You know I am right because I am you. I hate to break it to you like this but this is when you need the reminder. Break that wall inside you down, let go of the guilt you hold over your own head about Patrick and get back to him."

Then he disappears just like the version of him before. The demon is also gone and I try to rake my brain figure out just what in the hell he was talking about. What did he mean by saying I have been here before? That I created the pain whenever Patrick and I touched? My head spins with all the thoughts buzzing around inside of it and I have to sit down and just close my eyes.

As soon as I think of how happy Patrick makes me my mind locks onto him. A memory of him and I in the back of the van. 

...I giggle as Patrick holds up my tiny phone screen pulled up on the crappy camera. we hold it back as we try to aim it properly at our faces. I let out a loud laugh as Patrick nearly drops the phone, he pulls it up close to his nose and flicks through the grainy pixelated photos of us all of the horrible, blurred, missing parts of our faces, or missing us entirely just blank blurred photos. But the smile on Patrick's face when he lands on one makes my heart feel like it is melting. 

"Look." Patrick says before shoving the phone in my face. In the photo Patrick has his easy-going half-smile on his lips eyes fixed on the camera, I on the other hand am looking at Patrick a grin on my face as he leans back into my chest. "I like that one," he says pulling it back and smiling.

I pluck the phone from his hand and immediately make it my screen saver. Patrick looks at it and smiles. He lays on top of my head resting on my chest as he tries to look at the photos as I scroll through them once more deleting the bad ones. I look away from my phone and down to the blonde/ red haired boy laying on my chest. He tilts his head up and a pink blush spreads across his pale face and smiles nervously...

I come back to reality so fast I feel like I got whiplash, at that moment I had wanted to lean down kiss him and knock that stupid hat off his head. I wanted to take cheesy photos with him every day, print them and then hand them out to people just to tell them about how amazing he was. I always felt my heart race when Patrick would look at me and smile. His presence always calmed my troubled mind. I lay on the ground and close my eyes. I wish Patrick could tell me what I needed to do here. 

I scrunch my eyes tightly closed and dig into the back of my mind I try to tap into those long forgotten, or long since wiped away memories the carbon-copy of me had told me about. I feel a flicker there, an ever so slight trigger that is scratching at something trying to escape. I feel my wings unfurl out into the space around me and my body feels like it is being superheated as that light scratch becomes an itch, an itch into a knocking and suddenly my brain floods with what feels like a tidal wave of memory and power. I yell out in shock of it, my skin feels like it is slowly being set on fire from the inside out and I can't help but thrash around on the ground as the memories continue to flood in so fast they flit across my eyelids a second at a time. Years passing in milliseconds and then it all halts when the memory of the first time I saw Patrick flits behind my eyelids. The memory seems so much lighter, so much happier. But there is a dark cloud over them and that must be it, the thoughts and feelings I held thinking that I would never be good enough for him, that I would hurt him.

"You never meant to do that." Just then my eyes snap open and they hurt for a second as the bright lights above me hit my eyes but they are blocked by a dark shape and as my eyes focus I see Patrick's face hovering above my own and my heart feels as if for a second it has stopped. My arms fly up and wrap around him and he is there solid, steady breathing as I pull him tightly to my chest. My eyes flit over the room and the familiar pieces fall into place as I see Joe standing there a shocked expression on his face. He looks over to Josh and nods before leaving the room. I let Patrick have a bit of space and look at his face.

"Hey." He says smiling I place my hand on the side of his face and see his wings behind him unfurled and on full display. I turn my head and see my own wings underneath me still firmly attached to my back which still aches. Then my eyes fall back to Patrick, and then perhaps, more importantly, my hand resting comfortably on his face. 

I don't hesitate to pull him into a kiss, not at all innocent a hot fiery kiss filled with hundreds of years of unbridled passion that has been building inside of me and Patrick kisses back with just as much fervor. When we finally break apart I look him in the eye.

"I want to do that from now on until forever," I whisper inches from his lips and he smiles at me he looks like he is holding back tears.

"Forever." 

The End