-23-

When I open my eyes again the room is dark and all I can hear is my own heavy breathing. Sweat drips down my face and splashes onto the table below me. My muscles shake with the effort but I push myself into a sitting position my eyes feel like they are both focusing on different things and the room is way too loud and utterly quite at the same time.

I hear a groan from the floor. Then a new light turns on, my eyes sting for a moment from the abrupt force of it, it feels like the light is searing my mind everything is oversaturated and so many things are being thrown at me at once. And yet my mind feels fuzzy and everything hurts. I look down and see Josh rubbing at his eyes.

"What in the world kind of angel are you Peter." He growls and looks at me.

"I don't know!" I defend and he still looks at me with a grumpy expression.

"Well I'm glad you didn't turn into one of those disgusting demons. Though I would have liked to kill you myself." I hear Joe say from the doorway and he sighs. "Pete here is an arch angel a higher order which is why he had a guardian and two other angels protecting his human form." Joe explains and Josh shrugs like it makes sense.

"You should have no trouble getting Patrick back then." He smiles and I feel a weird twisting in my gut.

"What happens when Patrick is brought back?" I ask and Josh looks at Joe to explain.

"Well we will have to see what kind of condition he is in, he could hopefully become an angel again in that case he would be back to normal and I will personally make sure you never get within a one hundred mile radius of him ever again." Joe smiles at me and I feel the guilt come back.

" but what happens if he can't become an angel again?" Josh looks at me and sighs.

"Well Pete in that case we have to give up his wings to a new angel and Patrick will live out his mortal life on Earth until he dies."

I don't ask another question and simply hop off the table and make my way to Patrick.

"How do I do this?" I ask looking over Patrick's pale face.

"Well lay down next to him to begin and then it's a simple spell sort of a chant that will beam you to his soul wherever it may be. But Pete remember to bring him back as soon as possible the longer you two are in there the worse things will be. Don't let him fall to the third phase or you could potentially fall in there with him. He won't want to leave Pete you will have to force him to come with you. It can be hard finding your way back it's different for everyone but whatever you do, do not progress too far in time because when You reach Patrick's death that's when he will fall."

"Okay don't let him fall and get out anyway possible got it." I say and lay down. I close my eyes and grab Patrick's hand waiting for the spell to be said. Soon I feel myself falling through space and time. Much like when Brendon made me relive my past by except I feel myself being ripped apart and put back together until finally I smack down right in the middle of a corn field.

I sit up and spit out corn and dirt. I stand and brush off my.... vest and trousers? I look at the ridiculous outfit and a hat falls off my head. A wide brim and a flat top it looks ridiculous but I pick it up and put it back on. I begin walking out of the cornfield I have no clue where, or when I am.

I can feel my wings neatly tucked behind my back underneath the shirt and vest. It itches slightly but isn't an all together unpleasant experience. When I emerge from the corn field it's like walking into the set of little house on the prairie. A group of ducks waddle past me quacking. A well is nearby in the distance I can hear a horse whiny. I scratch at my hair under my hat and walk up to the old farm house.

I knock on the door and wait a moment. "Peter is that you?" I hear someone ask and well at least they know me right?

The door swings open and I am greeted by the flour covered face of Patrick. "Pete you came!" He smiles and opens the door.

"Of course I did, I'm always here for you silly." I joke and Patrick smiles swinging open the screen door and launching himself at me. I squeeze my eyes shut and brace for the burning sensation to start....

But it never comes.

The confusion must show on my face because when Patrick pulls away he looks concerned. "Everything okay Pete?" He asks and I stare at him shocked.

When Josh said save him before he dies I assumed save him before I killed him. Not save him before he dies as a human.

Shit.

A/n it's short I'm sorry but two updates within 24 hours that's got to count for something right?