-10-

I lay there for what feels like hours. I have a really bad crink in my neck and it hurts like a bitch no matter which way I turn my head. Its truely frustrating. I try to wiggle from the restraints once more and groan loudky when they dont move.

"Shhhhh." Someone whispers and I freeze. Suddenly nimble fingers are undoing the restriants soon my legs and arms are free and I spring off of the table and face the stranger. All I can see in the light is a streak of red hair.

"Trust me when I say to come with me." They say quitely keeping their face hidden. I realize they have their hood up and wear all black.

"But what about Patrick?" I whisper and they shrug.

"He can be saved later we only have around thirty seconds. Lets go." Their voice is slightly muffled by something probably a mask. They dash toward the wall and scale it up to the window. I stare in shock and turn and look out to the hall.

"I can't leave without Patrick." I say and the person huffs angrilly.

"Leave him or you both end up dead. Trust me there is demons crawling around everywhere." I look at the door one last time before running to the window. They help pull me up and we both tumble out onto the other side.

The person easily rolls into the fall and springs up onto their feet. I however faceplant into the dirt and awkwardly stand up. They start running and I follow looking back quickly at the warehouse I was kept in. The person helps me through a hole in the fence and we continue running.

Suddenly the person beside me sprouts wings from their back and picks me up before taking off into the sky.

I want to scream as I see the world shrink below our feet nothing but open air between us and death.

"Who are you?" I ask because even know being so close I cannot tell who they are because they have sunglasses and a bandana on.

"You would never believe me if I told you." They mutter and continue flying. I frown but keep quite. They finally set us down on top of a very tall building when I look around I immediately recognize the Chicago sky line.

When I turn back to the other guy he looks guilty.

"Seriously who are you?" I ask and they stare at their feet.

"Well I suppose your bound to find out eventually." They say sighing. "Just don't freak out?" I nod as they take down the hood, unwrap the bandana, and take off the sunglasses.

I bite the inside of my cheek and tell myself not to scream because screaming would be freaking out and that is totally not what I am going to do.

I scream anyways because infront of me stands the stricking image of myself at the age of twenty four. Black hair with that bright red streak in the bangs that I thought was the coolest thing back then. They cringe as I scream and then sigh loudly.

"Dude I told you not to fucking scream!" They yell and I shut my mouth so fast my teeth clank together. He takes a step toward me and I take two away he stops and sighs rubbing his temple. "I don't know how to tell you this but I'm you. Well your me as well I suppose it's a really long story but I want to get Patrick to safety just as much as you do."

"Can youat least tell me how your here?" I ask and they frown slightly.

"Well I don't really know how to explain it to you. I suppose you could call me your twin but that isn't true. I am like you but who didn't get their wings stolen? That could make more sense."

"So like an alternate universe where I didn't get in a car crash at 18?" I ask and they tap their chin and shift their weight from foot to foot.

"No but its kind of like nature needed a balance so I was created. Mostly because an angel is never meant to loose their wings even the fallen angels you saw still have wings they just choose to dye them."

"So wait a second how did I loose mine then?" When I asl this he looks away and takes a step away from me, buying time probably.

" I don't know how to tell you what happened to us. Pete we lost our wings because you took them off yourself." I stare at him wide eyed as he says this why would I ever do such a thing? Apparently I said that outloud because he answers " No one knows Pete everyone was devastated thats why they sent you Patrick to make sure you never did something else to yourself. The pther angels erased your memories to keep you safe and created me to keep your wings." When he says this my eyes snap to the white feathered wings still billowing out behind him. I take a few steps forward and he looks uncomfortable.

"You mean to tell me that these were mine?" I say touching one of the wings he makes a weird noise and I pull my hand away.

"Their sensitive." He mutters folding them back into his hoodie. "But yes they were yours."

A/n I am a terrible person who never updates. Trust me when I say i am keeping track of the updates I missed and will try to catch up on them for you bros.