-18-

Pete's POV:

"You don't seem to be prepared for all this." Brendon says whilst lacing up his boots.

"I just thought my life be different you know." I reply still laying flat on the floor staring up at the ceiling. Today is the day of the big battle we are loosing the benefit of surprise because the angels sensed that we were up to something and had begun to raise their numbers so much so that the battle has been moved up a day.

I don't know if I can do this. On one hand when I look at Brendon I see potential I see a planned future of adventure, destruction and no lies between us because demons don't have to pretend they are anything but what they are. Which is evil in most cases but also hurt and broken souls who joined together for a sense of belonging. I am beginning to feel it with Brendon and I can tell that he wants something more because we share the same pain of being left behind.

We kind of are the broken crooked pieces of a puzzle that somehow fit together and form a ugly but beautiful picture. I could have it if I wanted to, but there is another side. The side that still holds feelings for Patrick who I was in love with for years that I remember and centuries that I don't remember.

That all makes this so difficult to live with my head hurts and I just want to crawl in a hole and sleep for a week. That can't happen because Brendon is hauling me to my feet and pulling me to the armoury. We pass by many soldiers talking among one another discussing the things they are going to do. Horrible sinister words about killing angels and taking their wings. It's sickening but a part of me finds dark pleasure in the words.

Maybe that's what scares me most.

When we reach the weapons hold Brendon begins strapping armour on and tossing different pieces to me. Nothing special just some basic protection to prevent stupid mistakes that would cause death. Brendon of course being the leader has a much more prominent suit of protection even with shiny metal plates hugging his wings.

Brendon grabs a dagger and hands it to me. A small simple weapon enchanted to poison supernatural. I'm careful not to touch the blade while sliding it in a holster on my hip. One small scratch and which ever person got it would be done for. It's slow acting but lethal.

I walk out of the room and down the hall passing again through all the other demons. I try and steal my nerves and take a deep breath letting the anger build let it fuel my hate fire. This is finally it and I don't know how prepared I am for it.

Patrick POV:

The hours seem to stretch on like days. I can't sleep I can't eat I need Pete back. I'm worried sick and I can't focus on anything that is going on around me I know what's coming I am just not prepared for when it does because I know that nothing good will come of it.

Every time I see young Pete my heart aches he's been avoiding me lately I can tell because I cry almost every time I see him. Joe walks into my room as I stare at the wall.

"You should stay here where it's safe. We don't know what will happen you could get separated and something can happen if you aren't on top of your game. I don't want to see you get hurt." I peal my eyes from the wall and onto the worried face of my best friend.

" I can't I need to be there I have to try and save him. I have to make sure they haven't poisoned his mind. I fear they already have I can feel something is terribly wrong."

That's the thing about angels especially guardians when their human is in pain. I'm supposed to be protecting Pete and instead I am here and I feel weakened from the distance between us. I need Pete back here as soon as possible. I stand and pat Joe on the shoulder before leaving the room it's time to get ready to go.

All through the halls are angles adjusting armour and sharpening weapons there is no expense being over looked because Demons fight to kill and exile to purgatory forever. Angels have to be prepared to do the same.

It's time for war.

A/n this one is super frickin short and I am sorry but I needed an update for this because it has been way to long. Hope you enjoyed and prepare for the battle of the next chapter!