-7-

A/n I know the picture has nothing to do with anything but I saw it online and I love it so much.

"Pete?" I hear a weak voice echo down the hall before I am tossed into a holding cell. A holding cell which is practically a prison cell.

I curl up into the corner and tuck my knees up to my chest. Why are they doing this?

I freeze when I hear someone coming down the hall again. My cell door swings open before someone throws another person into my cell.

They slam the door and I hear the person groan. I scramble forward when I realize its Patrick.

I gentally roll him onto his back and let out a loud sob when I see his face. "Patrick what happened." I cry as I look at his blood covered face. I push his hair back gentally and he takes a deep breath and leans into the touch.

His hand shakily comes up to my face and I grab it and hold it against my cheek. I kiss his palm softly and see him smile.

His smile fades when he turns my hand and sees the grey skin still creeping up my arm.

He looks at my hand for a moment longer before his eyes flicker to mine. He takes a deep breath before sitting up suddenly and smashing his lips to mine. I let out a suprised noise as his soft lips work agaisnt mine.

I close my eyes and grip his hair with my free hand and hold him to me. I pull away and Patrick is glowing. Like literally glowling.

I scramble back and watch as some of his cuts heal over instantaneously. My eyes are wide with shock as he pulls me to him again and places a kiss on the back of my hand. It burns like someone had just poured lemon juice into a paper cut and I want to scream.

Then I notice that the grey skin is fading away. Slowly getting smaller and smaller before it dissappears entirely. I look at Patrick in awe. He smiles shyly.

" Sorry I kissed you but it had to be done." He says his voice cracking slightly. I smirk and debate it for a second before I decide.

Yes it is a great idea.

I lean in and kiss Patrick again. It feels like taking a shot of morphine because my tense muscles relax, my headache fades away and I feel like I am 3 years younger by the time our lips part.

When I open my eyes Patrick's are still closed a look of bliss across his face. His eyes open slightly and he smiles lazily at me.

Then I hear someone clapping slowly. I turn and see Brendon his horns curling from his forehead his eyes glowing.

"I finally see why you are so useful. Honestly I thought they made a mistake bringing you in here. I guess the test worked." He snaps his fingers and some of his ghouls come and drag Patrick out. He screams and thrashes and they throw him into another holding cell a ways away.

Brendon walks close to the bars and squats down to be at my eye level. "You don't even know why your here do you?" He laughs before walking away.