-21-

Pete's POV:

When my heart stops pounding and my ears stop ringing I look beneath me and my entire body convulses. Patrick the sweet innocent Patrick is laying on the floor. A pool of blood slowly growing around him. I drop to my knees unsure of what to do with my hands I touch his face, his skin is cold and pale.

"No no no Patrick please! I didn't mean too please I'm so sorry." I gather him into my arms and pull him into my lap.

Tears stream down my face as I hold him. My hands shake as they come away covered in his blood. "I didn't mean too" I cry. My hands won't stop shaking as I press them against his back. I look at his wings, now detached from his back and I feel sick. I did this.

I bury my nose in Patrick's hair and cry I don't know how to fix this. I don't know how I could have ever done this in the first place. I hate myself and I hate Brendon for turning me into this.

Eventually I have to wipe away my tears but I don't want to let him go, because as soon as I do I know that whatever happens to him won't be up to me anymore. So instead I stand and pick him up. The feeling of his limp body in my arms feels so wrong, my skin crawls as I walk out to the hallway. As soon as I exit the room I see Brendon.

He smirks as soon as he sees Patrick's body but I see the confusion cross his face when he looks at me. I glare at him and shove past him without a word. I would kill him right then if I could but first I have to take Patrick some where safe. I continue through the hallways now engrained in my head. I find a exit and push the door open and get outside. I hear the beating of wings and look up. It's Joe and I feel my heart plummet as guilt hits me like a bat.

Joe's face looks devastated when he sees Patrick. "Wh-who did this to him?" He chokes out. The tears come back to my eyes. I take a step back from Joe and his tear glazed eyes connect with mine. I look away his piercing blue eyes fill the questions I so desperately want to avoid.

"Who did this Pete." Joe says stronger this time. Tears fall down my face as I stare at Joes shoes. Joe is yelling now stalking closer to me ripping Patrick from my arms. I collapse to the ground as soon as he takes him.

"I did." I cry barely above a whisper. Silence fills the air and then the ruffle of feathers. When I look up Joe is gone, as is Patrick. I gaze up into the clouded sky and wonder what now.

I hear footsteps crunching along the gravel toward me. I wipe off my face and realize I probably just smeared blood all over it. "You did well Pete." It's Brendon. I look up at him and a anger boils inside of me. The tears turn angry as I spring up from the ground.

"How dare you say that. You did this to me. I hate you." I hiss and Brendon's expression does not change.

"Your wings are waiting for you." His voice in monotone and unwavering. I glare at him and stalk back inside. I weave my way back to the room where the wings lay. Two pairs with bloody stumps and stained feathers. Their white porcelain surfaces forever tarnished by me. I pick up mine and then Patrick's their large size makes it difficult to balance them all. But I manage carefully holding them to avoid knocking any feathers loose.

Then again I leave. No one stops me as I exit the gate put the wings in the back of one of the trucks and drive off.

I don't know where I'm going to go. I just need to leave this city.

Joe's POV:

I fly away Patrick in my arms. I heard what Pete said. I know where Patrick is. But I need to know if there is anyway to fix him. The angels forces are scattered, most of them being held still within the warehouse. It's a miracle that I made it out alive. I feel guilt leaving the others there, I was going to try and break back into the building in hopes of rescuing someone but as soon as I saw Pete and Patrick I knew something was wrong.

I continue flying until I make it back to the angels base camp. I land and kick the door. A small panel opens and eyes look me over before the door opens.

I enter. "What happened?" The angel asks I look at him I know him from somewhere but his name escapes me.

"His wings got removed by a demon." The angel sighs.

"Why did you bring him all this way then? There is nothing we can do for him Joe you know this."

"Yes but what if it wasn't a full fledged demon? A demon that used to be an angel?" The angel seems to ponder this for a moment.

"I could ask around, but you don't have his wings do you? That makes this a lot harder."

"I don't have the wings but I can try and get them back, they are in the warehouse where the ambush was."

"The ambush? Last we heard it was going well! You must come talk to everyone at once. We can put him somewhere safe for now until we know what to do. Come at once."

A/n well I'm not dead! Just in University which I mean is basically the same thing. Sorry this is short I am writing it on my phone during a break in between classes! My stories deserve updates because you bros are the best. Hope you enjoy fingers crossed for another soon.