-4-

It all happened so fast I couldnt even tell what really happened. One moment Im being carried off by the Brendon guy, the next second a bright white light goes off. Im on the floor and Joe is beating the crap out of Brendon whos face is slowly twisting into some weird grey demon.

I scramble back towards our rooms as Brendon dissolves into the carpet hissing like a cat.

Joe stands and walks over to me helping me stand and dragging me back to the rooms.

" Never do that again Pete. You should have told me you were leaving the room. You have no idea whats going on do you?" He scolds and I just stare at him shell shocked. He folds his wings back up and they disappear under the rips in his shirt.

He opens the hotel room door and he sits me down on the couch. He paces the room slightly pausing every once and awhile to glare at me.

" Pete you were never supposed to find these things out. Things changed ever since they took Patrick. People are coming for you Pete, and Patrick was sent to protect you. There is other angels of course Im one, Andy is one, but we don't have the same powers as a guardian. That thing that tried to take you. That was a demon, a powerful one at that Im suprised he came for you himself considering he has people to do that. Now that Patricks gone we have to protect you. So dont run away again." Joe finishes his rant and sits down next to me rubbing my shoulder slightly.

I have no idea how to respond. It feels like my whole life is a lie. I look at Joe with wide eyes and he just sighs loudly and sits down next to me.

"We are going to have to put you some place really safe." He mutters. I nod not knowing if that was meant as a question or not. I crawl up into bed and curl into a ball. I stare at the wall for a long time.

I wish Patrick were here he always makes things better. I hear Joe walk back into the other room.

I don't know how much time has passed but soon the sun is peaking in from behind the curtains. I roll onto my back and rub my eyes. I didn'tget any sleep and my body feels like a dead weight.

I turn on the TV and surf through the channels. Nothing interesting is ever on hotel TV.

I again think about how much I wish Patrick could be here. He would still be asleep but watching him do so is alot more fun than watching crappy comedy shows.

I get up and stumble to the bathroom. I quickly go pee and then wash my hands I stare at my reflection. It is then I notice the grey skin on my hand. I look at it closely and watch as it ever so slowly spreads. Im turning grey? What in the hell...

I rush out of the bathroom and into Joe's I sit on his stomach and shove my hand in his face.

" Joe why the hell am I turning grey?" I yell he opens his eyes and grabs my wrist.

"Oh man this isnt good. We need to get Patrick." He shoves Andy and Andy springs out of bed.

" Dont worry Pete it will be fine." Andy says his voice cracking a slight bit which tells me that neither of them know what they are doing.

" Well then lets go." I say standing and grabbing my stuff. " We have a Patrick to find."

A/n sorry for the lack of updates and this one is kinda crappy. Thanks to everyone who is reading this story I will have more updates soon!