-29-

I pace the room and look at the bodies laid out on the table. It is getting dangerously close to the end of their time, about ten hours left and still no sign of movement from either of them. Josh sits quietly in the corner sharpening a blade his eyes lazily following me as I walk to and from the table. I am exhausted I haven't slept in days, Andy is still out there somewhere and I have no clue if he is safe, no clue if any of the angels are safe no one has come here yet. My nerves are on edge.

"What is taking so long?" I ask and Josh shrugs.

"Pete has to find him and then they both need the strength to return. It is a lot easier said than done. Trust me most don't come back." He checks his watch. "You better hope they come back quick time is running out." I sigh and run my hands through my tangled hair. 

"For the love of god Pete," I mumble "You better bring him back."

...

I get an itching sensation crawling up my spine and I try to shake it off as I clutch Patrick's hand in mine. "I have to get you out of here." I drag Patrick along with me but his feet are reluctant to move his demeanor has changed the hope from the beginning faded, the light dimming with every painful memory bombarding us as we fight our way through the twisted mess that was our lives together. 

"Whats the point Pete. There is no way out, we've been searching for-like-ever now." He lets out a long sigh and I feel my frustration building.

"Don't you think that I know that!" I snap turning to face him and he shrinks a bit into himself. "Patrick I know we have been looking I realize we haven't found the way but don't you think this is equally as hard for me as it is for you? I brought you into this, I was the one that sent you here in the first place and trust me this hurts me like nothing I have ever felt because I had the chance to forget this. All of this is like watching some other person living a life with you and I am just here desperately trying to piece these things together. Once we get out then you can do whatever you want but for right now, please. Please, Patrick just stick with me here."

Patrick shuts up pretty quick after that and his pace picks up a bit. I rip open doors, run down hallways and jump over walls and nothing. Nothing is getting us any closer to getting out and I just don't know what to do anymore to escape this place.

"Maybe we are missing something," Patrick mutters.

"What?" I ask looking at him.

"I'm just saying maybe finding the way out physically isn't the problem here. Maybe we are missing the point maybe the point is we need to find the right memory, the right feeling to escape. So far the memories haven't really been up to us to choose, but maybe in a way we needed to see them again, needed to feel what we felt. So what memories are we missing here?" I stare at Patrick because that was very... philosophical to say the least, but maybe he has a point there.

"Well, what if we try more recent memories?" 

"What about the one where you killed me? That could do something." I gulp as Patrick says that but he has a point, maybe the way out is through. 

"So how do we get there?" I ask and Patrick shrugs. 

"Close your eyes." He says, I am hesitant but I do it anyways. "Okay now tell me about that night." I hear the slight quake in his voice, the tightening of his grip on my hand.

"I... I uh... Well, I felt lost honestly, I was confused and hurt and then when I saw you. I didn't see the man who brought me the happiness in my life I saw the person who had caused me hurt, and pain. I felt so angry and it took over a rage that pumped through my veins and the only thing I wanted was to end it, to end the one reminder of all of that pain. I didn't... I never meant to hurt you."

Suddenly I feel queasy like when a roller coaster goes down a large slope and your stomach is rising in your chest and your head feels lighter than air. I open my eyes and am met by the darkness. 

And another thing. I am alone.